Chapter 1;All In For Memories

I just needed a quick job, a single job to help myself get back on my feet.
I hadn't eaten in days, not since those assholes had taken all the money I had for stuff left.
Usually I would've been able to fight or steal something but I'm too week and have little to no energy, so here I sit within a cell at Piltover, all because I couldn't do shit.

It was a day ago, I was sitting in The Last Drop, drinking the kinda shittiest whiskey and rum I had ever tasted, but then again it was something that helped everything feel a little less numb, so worth it I guess.
I was only listening in on little to any conversations, needing some sort of cash grabber just a quick and easy one for food, the smallest job I could get easy and simple.
I scan around the room endlessly, there was the usual patrons that caused so much damn noise and others that had a small fighting party of 3 or more while everyone else was a drunk dancing all around and acting like they owned the place.
I come here often to listen in for jobs, may not be the best thing if I get caught but most of the time I'm able to be sneaky enough.
I sat near the bar, at a table close enough to that and a wall covered in paint and dirt.
I haven't been on a case in so long, I have hardly enough to even afford my drink, but Thieram was nice enough to let me start a tab, after a lot of bribing and convincing.
I looked around the bar, hearing the small talk and trying to find a thing to peak my interest.

"You can either buy that now or save up for later"
"I haven't heard a thing"
"You know he'll get you back for that right"
"Ekko needs us for this one, otherwise we can't earn our keep!"
"You've learned nothing"
"Bitch you better believe it"
"Ok...but it could be an instrument"
"My cabbages!"

Now only two or those caught my ear...I used to know someone named Ekko I think...I...can't remember a face though,only a name...maybe it was a food or old friend or something, oh well.
I picked up my drink and walked to the bar, being sure not to step or bump into anyone as I try to navigate in the neon lit place until I slip to the bar and pretend like I'm minding my business as I silently listen, waving to a few people I knew or was well aquatinted with.

"Ekko needs us only because he rather use our asses instead of his own", I heard a slightly younger male voice say, his voice sounding almost tired and raspy.
"It isn't like that!You don't know him like I do, he's not that bad...plus he actually took care of me and everyone else out there!He just needs us for this quick job then we'll be in and out!",another male voice said, sounding more cheerful and confident.

Every time they say his name, I can almost remember a face but it immediately goes back to the back of my head, as if the memory isn't meant to see the light of day.I figured I've heard enough and decide to get up and walk over, chugging the last of my pick of poison down my throat, making it tingle and burn a bit.

I walk over to a torn booth, seeing what looks like two new teens, one with light green curly hair and brown eyes, maybe about 5'3 looking a lot more clean than anyone else did here.
Slightly across from him was another boy, about 2 inches shorter with brown slicked back hair, rusty silver goggles around his eyes yet the faintest purplish pinkish glow beaming out of them and a lot more bruises covering his body, I don't really know anyone with those kinds eyes unless if they took that toxic stuff, what's it called again...oh right, shimmer, the shit that ruined almost every person in the Undercity as far as I knew.

"Uh...hey kids...why are you guys here of all places?",I asked out do know where, expecting them to be cautious of me or weirded out as to why a young lady that was probably a bit tipsy was approaching them and asking the most random question.
"We-",the youngest boy was about to speak before the other spoke before him. "Depends who in the hell are you?",the older boy interrupted and held a hand in front of the youngest.
"Smart, Y/n, I heard you guys where...per say going on a mission with someone named Ekko, sounds like a swell guy.Look I don't want any trouble, I just wanna tag along for a bit of the cash then I'll be out of your hair no questions or concerns",I said straightforward, scratching my arm a bit as I looked at them.