New Beginnings (Prologue)

——- Home (Inside; 2F-Monica's Room; Evening) ——-

——- (Y/n's POV) ——-

???: (inhales)... (exhales) Do you smell that (y/n)? Huh? Do you?

Y/n: (sighs; mumbles) Please don't do this right now...

???: (smiles) It smells like... like... lik-

Y/n: Like sawdust, because there were so many adjustments you wanted done to the house in such a short amount of time before we got here that the construction workers had to rush. They literally just finished a few hours ago, and as a result of their work, sawdust has built up in the air, which you shouldn't be breathing in so readily.

???: Oh, come on (y/n), lighten up! This is a new start for us! It's exciting! Don't you think you should stop being so pessimistic and be a bit more positive?

Y/n: I'll be pessimistic when I feel like it...

??? Which is all the time.

Y/n: ... and be positive when I feel like being positive. And right now, that's not how I want to feel, unlike you...

Y/n: ... Monica.

Monica-Renée Medley

Monica-Renée Medley

Monica: (giggles)

Y/n: (shakes head)

(sighs) This entire move as a whole has been nothing but a drag...

Tired and annoyed with this whole conversation, I walk toward one of the windows in Monica's room, stand in place while wearing my favorite, slightly oversized hoodie, some jeans, and my favorite sneakers to just stare outside with my arms crossed and take in our new surroundings to try and take my mind off of everything that's happened in the last 2 months.

But first, some context.

——-

This "colorful" woman with me happens to be the one and only Monica-Renée Medley, my adoptive mother for the last 4 1/2 years of my life. The two of us used to live back home in good ol' America... I say that with the most sarcasm someone as depressing as me can muster. But in terms of my life before coming to Paris... it wasn't the most ideal to say the least.