Chapter 3: The Beginning

(Hailey's POV)

"See you in the arena." I said to my teammates before we were all teleported. I looked around me only to see that we were playing on the map Orient. Jacob was standing on the pedestal to my left, and Quentin was standing on the pedestal to my right. Before I knew it, the countdown began.

30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15...

No middle. Not this time.

14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I ran off my pedestal before sprinting about 15 blocks away. I leapt over an enchantment table before falling into the water below me. The water was warm due to the sun beating on it almost constantly. I ignored it as I swiftly swam to a faraway ship.

(Time Skip, Five Minutes Later)

I pulled myself up onto the ladder of the ship before beginning my climb. After pulling myself up on the ship, an arrow flew past my head. I turned around only to see Lego standing on a close boat with a bow pointed at me. I dodged his next arrow before running to a nearby chest. I opened it and grabbed a stone axe, two apples, and an iron ingot. Not much but it was enough. I pulled the axe back before sending it flying, right into Lego's chest. He dropped to the ground as his cannon fired. "HAILEY THREW AN AXE AT LEGO FROM 33.5 BLOCKS AWAY." The voice on the intercom announced. I had gotten the first kill.