IN THE EYES of NO:ZE

Jihye's life used to be what everyone calls 'normal'. She goes to different dance studios in and out of Seoul to either conduct or attend classes. It was simple back then, she could go around without much attention, or could spend time with her friends in a café or anywhere without anyone pulling their phones up to take unconsented pictures and videos of her. Now, wherever she goes, cameras are following her.

She used to dream about becoming famous but she wants that all because of her dancing skills, not by a viral video that people gushed over because of her looks. Those years of being told that she should be an idol or being asked why is she not an idol is haunting her once again. She did not spend hours upon hours of hard labor in practices, less sleep, and doubts from her own parents to be only recognized by her looks.

There were times that she hates having it, don't get her wrong, she's thankful that she was gifted by it because a lot of opportunities came knocking at her door thanks to that but she wished she'll be known past her appearance, she wants her talent to be as known as her looks. A woman can wish, can't she?

So when the message from the production director came talking about a survival show, she immediately grabbed the chance to make her wish come true. It's a good opportunity and never pass a good one, she thought.

The line-up is no joke, most of the participants are the ones she considers her teachers or those who have such great resumes. One group that sticks out to her the most though was YGX. Yeojin is one of her few closest friends on top of being one of her dance class students and Leejung, their friendship somehow regressed back to being acquaintances but they had good months together. The younger has been so busy and Jihye could not even remember the last time they hung out. Despite her growing intimidation just by seeing the line-up, she found comfort knowing she has her teammates with her and some friends she could turn to in case things get so hard.

And indeed, things really had gotten so hard.

Jihye is a type of person who doesn't really voice out much of her emotions, she tends to keep it all in as much as she could — afraid that she might cause inconvenience to others, after all, it's not just her that has problems or struggling. So when things became too tough for her, when she can't even win a single battle while her teammates won, she started doubting herself.

Ansso, being the person who can really read her after years of having tight-knit friendship began comforting her. She badly needed one but no words can remove the black magnets signifying her failures stuck right against their group name. She doesn't have any battles left but some of her teammates still do so if she can't be a leader that wins battles, then she'll be a leader that will be supporting and cheering for her teammates.

The taping resumes, a few battles after, a few more wins and losses for their team, it has finally come down to the final battle and Leejung became the final battler of their team. Jihye has been a long fan of Leejung's style, not to mention how both fluid and sharp the younger one is at dancing. Just 23 years old — standard age — and Leejung is on a whole different level than any of the choreographers around her age, or any choreographers really. She admires her resilience, her courage, her bravery, her imagination, her sharpness, and her ability to come up with mesmerizing movements after just hearing a few beats of the song. She's convinced that this woman knows all the songs out there because there is in no hell way for someone to dance and also sing the song as if it was pre-planned.

Just like she had expected, Leejung won making her team the very first team to become an overall winner. She was also unbeatable that day, truly a monster. A leader that can be relied on, she aspired to be one because right now, she isn't.