The Crash

Ami's POV

          "Ami! We need to get going!" Dad yelled through the house, for some reason he's dragging me to some fancy dinner for his work. Not like I want to go with, personally I'm fine laying on my bed, listening to music, and reading a book. 

         "Why do I have to go?" I groaned walking out of my room in my formal mint green dress and leather jacket. "Because I am not leaving you home alone until 11 at night, kiddo." He answered. 

        "It goes to 11?!" I groaned begrudgingly getting in the in the car, dad followed, "I could be hanging out with Kisa, Momiji, and Hiro."

        "Ames, I know this isn't your first choice of things you'd want to do tonight, but there'll be good food." 

         I pulled my phone and headphones out of my jacket and start playing my musicals playlist. The drive is taking way, way, way too long. On top of that, the highway is so loud honking cars, car engines, and so on I crank my headphone volume. Tuning out the world is kind of what I'm known for around school. Ignore, don't engage, at least that's my policy.

Time skip brought to you by Ami's zodiac animal! (Wolf if you're curious)

I had finished the soundtrack and switched to an old playlist that I made years ago.

"It feels like a perfect night..."

"Ah yes, 22 by Taylor Swift." I thought to myself peacefully.

"...To dress up like hipsters..."

Getting bored I stare out the window at the sunset, "Beautiful!" I think to myself happily. I look down towards the road to see a semi-truck speeding toward our car. I tried to alert my dad, but I was too late. Our car was sent flying.

"...And make fun of our exes..."

"AMES!" Dad yelled painfully while grabbing my hand. I tore the headphones out of my ears. That deafening crash sound filed them instead, sharp pains shot through that same arm, and fire burning all around me. Every single memory I had made with him buzzed through my brain. I cried out in pain, the life I had was about to end. "C'MON, AMI THINK!" My thoughts screamed. If I stayed in the flaming wreck of a car, I would die.

"Dad!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, but there was no response. "OH F*CK! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!" My brain screamed louder than ever before. I came to my senses and climbed out the window, coughing from the smoke, knowing I had only one usable arm for a while. "That's definitely broken," I hissed in pain. I hadn't even stood up yet by the time ambulances, fire trucks, and police cruisers rolled up. At this point the car was nothing but a ball of flames. Tears poured down my face.

I knew my dad was dead.