To Those of Gold

Her skin was the color of untouched gold, overridden with dravite spots that seemed to be placed by the goddess herself. Pink stripes ran across her body, each showing the journey from young girl to woman and how blessed she had been. A white line from below her breasts to just above her naval, led to the most sacred of places. She was similar to an unfiltered stream, silky, mesmerizing but never perfect, the bumps and ridges across her surface made sure of that. But above all, her skin was hers. Littered with permanent drawings from ink or other objects, a combination of real and perfection.

Her hair was that of obsidian, but the sun gave it an ethereal glow showing the browns and reds that floated among the spirals she called her crown. It didn't flow down her back, oh no it was much too lovely for that. Instead, it billowed and fluffed around her face, spirals jutting in different directions, never neat but just enough. She had laid over its beauty numerous times with colors in the sky to colors of the deep, placed in rows and forced it to conform.  It still loved her, always expressing things her own words could not.

Oh, but she was a force to be reckoned with and they all knew it. She was a spitfire, never being able to keep her mouth shut for long, always on the bridge of a remark to bring a man to shame. An aura so dark outlining her body, it could blend into the night. Yet, her touch was of new beginnings. So soft, gentle, caring, too much to give to a single soul. Her voice was razor sharp, deep and powerful with love pouring out of every word. She was quiet but loud, rough yet kind. Parts of herself hidden beneath coals, unmovable yet see through. 

 She was everything and nothing all at once, placing herself above others but lower than those near her. The goddess would tell you she was flawed, a mistake she had no reason to fix, and the goddess would be right. She was unfixable, flawed, she could destroy anything she touched. But the goddess would remind you that she was from her and because of that she was perfect. Yin and Yang. Night and Day. A blend of all.

 A golden misfortune blessed and cursed to see this world.