Isa!

Series of sobs can be heard on an empty highway. A ting of sadness and confusion on a little girl's cries while she calls her parents. The devastating image of her innocent orbs can crumble you up into a ball.

Not so far away from her was a guy in his early '30s, wearing a black suit while watching her with sympathetic eyes. He reach his hand behind him and touched his daughter's head whom also watching the scenery infront of them.

The surrounding started going dim along with the cold wind passing their skin.

The guy notice how the weather slowly changed and he quickly look at his daughter who's having those eyes of pity. He gathered his courage before heaving a sigh and averting his gaze back infront.

"Darling," he called with sad yet soft voice.

The crying kid heard him loud and clear despite her cloudy thoughts. She whip her head behind her, then she saw two people looking at her.

She quickly wiped her tears before facing those two and she bowed.

The action made the older guy smile a bit. He was amazed of what attitude the little girl showed him.

"My deepest condolences, darling," he uttered which earn a sad, tight smile and a nod from the little girl.

"Why are you out here, alone? It's too dangerous for a kid like you," he asked as he took his step towards her, still with his daughter tailing and hiding behind his legs.

The little girl remained mum, for she don't know how to respond. She also don't know why she's out there. She just found herself walking through the streets while crying her heart out. Letting out the pain she feels from her parents' death.

"What's your name, lil' girl?" He asked.

It took time for the kid to answer but he was patient enough to wait and he understood what the girl have felt.

"L-lisa," the kid stuttered as she bow her head.

"Lisa. . . What a pretty name you have. Tell me, darling. Do you know other relatives?" He asked as he smiled at Lisa. Easing the girl from being restless.

Lisa pouted and shook her head.

Unfortunately for her, no relatives went to her parents' burial. Just some neighbors and friends, but no one claimed to be their relative. Other than her parents' house, she don't know other place to go nor know other people to seek help with.

"I see," he said while gently nodding his head. He then fetch a card along with $50 bill from his coat's pocket and handed it to Lisa.

"Ride a taxi and hand the driver that address, then use the money to pay him. Once you arrived, ring on the white mansion and tell them your name. They will help you there," he instructed.

"Thank you, sir," Lisa said then she gave a small smile.

"You're welcome."

Lisa then went to call a taxi and did what the older guy have told her while he watch the kid with sad eyes.

Just then, a drop of water fell on his cheek that caught his attention. Sooner after, a rain started pouring that made him avert his attention to his daughter.

"Oh, baby, what's wrong?" He asked and kneeled infront of her when he saw how her daughter's face looks

"Why are you sad?" He asked once again.

"Because you're sad," she honestly answered.

"Well, baby, just because daddy's sad, doesn't mean you should, too. You should start learning how to control your emotions, honey. Stop making it rain whenever you see daddy sad," he said.

He rubs her shoulders up and down as he thinks about his daughter's ability to control weather according to how she feels. How his daughter can do other unique things that no one could. His daughter has a lot more capabilities than an average person.

"Daddy, why do we always watch that girl?" His daughter asked, pertaining to Lisa.

"Because, she needs help."

"Always?"

"Yup. . . You see, baby, not all people are lucky enough to be born on a wealthy family like us, and not all of them are fortunate enough to be spared from all hardships. So, we, us two, has to help them. That girl. . . She's too young, like you. But she went through a lot. She once have slept with an empty tummy. . . Unlike you who always have snacks on your room, so, baby, we have to understand," he kissed his daughter's forehead.

"From now on, you, Jennie, will be Lisa's personal guardian. You will watch over her and protect her at all cost," he added.

"Is she my girlfriend now?" Jennie asked that caught her father off guard.

"U-uhh, yeah! Of course!" He answered, unsure.

Jennie let out a giggle and a huge smile.

"I will protect her then!" She cheered.

"Mhh! But, you're yet allowed to go out without your butlers, hmmkay?"

"What? How am i suppose to watch over my girlfriend?"

"When she turned eighteen," they both smiled at each other.

He also notice the sky clearing up. Now he's sure that his daughter is in a good mood now.

"I will wait for your eighteenth birthday, girlfriend!" Jennie shouted with her cute voice that made her father chuckle in awe.

*

And that how it started. . .