Chapter 1:

3rd person POV
————————

Domino city, the best place to find a dueling opponent, a rival, or perhaps a friend, but also the best place to go if you're looking for trouble. Thankfully that's not happening today.

Today we see our main characters on the rooftop of their school, looking over their decks.

———

"So, any new cards?" Xyan asked, them and ashter haven't dueled in quite some time, so it was curious. "Actually, yeah! Do you remember that one fusion card? What's the name?" Ashter looked over his deck in attempt to find the card cyber was talking about.

"Gravekeeper's supernaturalist? Or are you thinking of a different one?" Xyan asked. Ashter had quite the hyperfixation on cybers gravekeeper cards and never shut up about any cyber would find interesting. Tho, xyan never minded it.

"That's the one! I finally got one. It took forever tho. See?" Ashter said as he found and held up the card known as gravekeeper's supernaturalist.

Xyan's eyes lit up with curiosity and awe as it looked at the card. Ashter smiled as cyber saw this and put the card back in his deck. "I also found some future fusions that i can use to summon it."

Xyan tilted their head in confusion. "Just future fusions?" Ashter nodded. "Strategy i thought of. Let's just say, it's much less os a hassle to use future fusion instead of a polymerization."

Xyan nodded in understanding. "If you have any other future fusions laying around, could you pass me some?" Ashter looked confused for a second, than his eyes lit up with childish curiosity.

"You have a fusion monster too?" Ashter asked. Xyan nodded and pulled out a card from it's deck, than held it up to reveal bickuribox. "My dad gave it to me as a Hanukkah gift."

Ashter nodded. "It makes sense. You already have crass clown and dream clown, so i guess it makes the perfect trio!" Ashter smiled. Xyan nodded and looked at it's cards in thought.

After a minute, ashter poked at xyan's shoulder. "Earth to xy-xy." Xyan looked up at ashter and chuckled. "I'm here, I'm here." Xyan said. Often times xyan had the tendency to zone out, which made ashter concerned everytime xyan would stop talking.

"Whatcha thinking of?" Ashter asked, expecting the answer to be something stupid. Instead, xyan stood up, deck in hand, and activated their duel disk.

"You up for a duel?" Xyan asked.

Ashter smiled, gathered his deck, and activated his duel disk. "When am i not?" Ashter asked. Xyan merely sighed and laughed. "Okay, you have a point." Xyan said.

They both shuffled their cards and inserted them into their duel disks.

"Duel!"

——

Xyan's LP: 4000

Ashter's LP: 4000

——

Ashter and xyan drew their cards. "You mind if i go first?" Xyan asked. Ashter smiled and said "go ahead, just gives me a bit more strategy time."

Xyan nodded and looked at their hand. They had a swords of revealing light, haunted shrine, zombina, sangan, and book of life.

"Alright. First, I'll activate swords of revealing light! Keeping you from attacking me for three turns." Xyan inserted the spell card into their duel disk, a hologram of the card appearing before them.

"Next, I'll summon zombina in attack mode!" Xyan set the monster card on it's duel disk, than appeared a hologram of zombina, but not like a card hologram,,,