At First Sight

The abosulte last thing on ZGDX's famed Chessman, Lu Sicheng's mind as he was entering whatever hotel they were holed up for the Spring Finals was the opposite sex. Contrary to his mother's belief there were many more important things than finding his future wife. Ming's ability to finish the final match without his bad wrist flaring up was one. Xiao Rui's meeting with the perspective new starting mid that who had traveled from wherever he lived was another. Hell, even Pang's daily water consupmtion before he fell asleep was higher on his list of important things than the anything about the opposite sex. So imagine his surprise at his reaction when he by chance turned his head and spotted a dainty woman standing next to Xiao Rui. He was confused by the irregularities of his heartbeat.Was he having a mild stroke? Because he could not comprehend that it was because of a random girl.

By social standards she was not the most beautiful woman he had ever seen; although begrudgingly he had to admit that she was quite lovely. But that couldn't be the reason why his heart was beating like a hummingbird's. He must be overly stressed. Lu Sicheng chose to ignore his heart beating and go up to his shared room with Pang.

The second time he saw the tiny woman it was only a back view but he just knew it was her and she was standing on her very tip toes so she could hide the last gallon sized bottle of water on the highest shelf at the local corner market behind some toilet paper. He could not help but laugh at her cheekiness and pilfer the bottle of water that she so creatively hid. He laughed to himself when he pictured the confused look on her face when she came back to retrieve her hidden prize. He unconsciously thought to himself it was a pity that he didn't have the time to wait and watch for her reaction. But he had to get this water back to Pang and then do a check in with the others before finally taking time for himself to rest. His mind however kept on going back to the girl. Was she here to watch the finals? Was she just another league fangirl? Was she one of his fans? He did not think that she was a fan considering today was the first time had ever laid eyes on her. Lu Shicheng shook his head angrily and adopted his annoyed mask as he entered his and Pang's hotel room. "Get your own water next time." He told Pang and left the room again. He needed to get some air and have a cigarette. The mystery woman was taking up more room in his thoughts then what he determined was healthy he thought as he snuffed the butt of his cigarette. Sighing, the Chessman decided he just needed to fall onto his bed and pass out. Hopefully with a few good hours of sleep he would be back to normal and the shorty would be out of his head.

However, his hopes of not thinking about her were dashed when he entered the elevator and noticed the same woman with her arms loaded with groceries; attempting and failing to hit one of the floor buttons out of the reach of her elbows. He had to smile at her valiant attempts reaching whatever button she was trying to hit. He took pity on her and asked what floor she was going to. She muttered forty-five lowly and he took the liberty to reach around her to press the button. Her voice was quite lovely he traitorously thought and now that he could finally see her up close his senses were secretly cataloging what they could. She was short, barely coming up to his shoulder. With a lythe frame that reminded him of a ballerina and light colored hair that had a very slight scent of honeysuckle. Her lips were full and red like fresh strawberries. Her eyes were large and expressive framed with long coal colored eyelashes on pale ivory skin. She wasn't wearing any makeup from what he could tell and if he were to use something to describe her he would say that she had to be one of those immortal fairies that came down to earth like in the dramas that Old Kat liked to secretly watch. All she needed was her hair up elaborately and be wearing some gauzy hanfu. This was not an image that Lu Sicheng needed in his head while he was alone with her in an elevator going up dozens of flights.

As the elevator climbed to past the twentieth floor Lu Sicheng mind went to something his mother told him and his brother when they were young when she was recounting when she had first met their father. 'If your path crosses with someone three times in the same day accidently, your destiny would be linked to one another.' When the elevator stopped on his floor he quickly stepped out of it. Not bothering to say another word to her. He would not hope that it was true and he could somehow be linked to that little fairy enchantress. He was nearly at his room door when he was stopped by Xiao Rui.

"There you are." Xiao Rui called "Hey I wanted to let you know our possible new Mid will be at tomorrow's game. I gave her front row seats so she can better see the action."

"Her?" Lu Sicheng interrupted making sure he heard the team manager correctly.

"I forgot you weren't there when I spoke with her. She's known in the game community as 'Smiling'. Her real name is Tong Yao. She is a recent college graduate from abroad, Cornell University in America if I remember right. She is currently ranked number one Leblanc player on the Chinese, Korean, and American servers." Xiao Rui continued on expounding what he knew about their possible new mid not that Lu Sicheng was paying attention. He just continued to nod randomly and then walk past the team manager while Xiao Rui was still talking in the hall and entered his room shutting the door on the poor manager. He knew that he should have probably paid attention to what Xiao Rui was saying but his mind kept on going back to the fairy and that Xiao Rui said that the new possible mid was female. He wondered briefly as he lay in his bed if the so-called Smiling was her and what would he do if she was. At this point he knew but was still refusing to accept that he was fascinated by the little enchantress. That night as he dreamt he saw her smiling at him with her kissable lips becoming him to come into her arms.

The next day after a very cold shower and a lackluster breakfast he sat with his team on stage wondering if the little fairy was in the crowd. While everyone else were focusing on the big screen watching the interviews both teams did prior to the match he discreetly looked at the front row of the audience hoping to see her sitting where Xiao Rui had said that their possible mid would be and saw the little fairy sitting front and center. 'It's her.' his heart fluttered while his face remained neutral. His mother's words started playing through his head again and he was afraid to admit what he knew; that he was truly smitten with someone at first sight. He needed to forget about that now and focus on winning the match.

He could only hope she agreed to join the team so he could either find something about her that would annoy him to give up this inconvention emotion or do everything in his power to make her his. At this point he was not sure which he would prefer. But as the camera panned over to her putting her beautiful smiling face front and center he could not help but hope it was the latter. Her gaming handle suited her well for she did indeed have a beautiful smile.