Chapter 13

I slowly open my eye lids, but cover my eyes as soon as I feel the bright light piercing through them. I look away from the sun, and look around my room.

I find my room empty. Hm, Chelsea must've gone to the kitchen to eat breakfast. On cue, my stomach grumbles.

Before going to the kitchen, I decide to get changed first. You see, I'm one of those people that if I leave something to do for later, I end up not doing it. This includes changing, homework and chores, because I'm always too lazy to do anything.

I go into my closet and pick out an outfit. Since Chels and I are going to the mall today, I decide to wear some medium-washed jeans, a black tank top with a white wool oversized top, a pair of brown boots that come up all the way to my knee joint, and a black infinty scarf that goes along with everything else. I also chose to bring my Prada Saffiano Leather Crossbody Bag, which was given to me for my birthday from Miuccia Prada herself.

After changing and applying some mascara and a thin line of eyeliner, I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

I find that the kitchen is empty. Where's Chelsea? I walk to the fridge, and as I'm about to open one of the two french doors, an orange sticky note catches my eye. I close the fridge door, pull the sticky note off the door, and read it.

Hey Macy,

Mom called to your house, I answered the phone in your room and she told me that I had to go back home for some family emergency. I'll meet you at that restaurant at noon.

Thx for inviting me and I'll see ya later!

-Chelsea

How did I not wake up from the ringing? I shrug, and open the fridge door and grab a Red Delicious apple.

I look at the time while munching on my apple. It's 11:30am. Realizing that I have to be at the restaurant in half an hour, I quickly grab my coat from the main closet, and run to the garage. I slip inside my Porsche and start driving.

"Good afternoon, and welcome to Brie. Do you have a reservation?" A tall, blond chick asks me when I arrive. I look at the clock, and it reads 12:01. I look back at the girl.

"Yes, under the name Macy Reynolds." I tell her. She checks the Reservation List, and nods when she sees my name. She tells me to follow her, and I follow her to a table at a private section at the back of the restaurant, beside a window panel. I sit down on one of the 3 chairs, and the hostess hands me a menu.

"Would you mind setting two other menus? My friends will be arriving very shortly." I tell her and she nods.

"Of course!" She says and lays two menus, one on each plate.

Resting my elbows on the table, I hear my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I ask, not bothering to check the Caller ID.

"Hi, Macy." Chelsea says, with a sad voice.