You're... Magical!

40 years ago.....

"Hahahaha~" I giggled as Bruno led me down the streets of Encanto. Our hands were intertwined, but as children it didn't really mean anything.

-

Bruno and I became really close after my parents passed away when I was only 5. My mother was close friends with Abuela Alma, so she took me in. I was never considered part of the family, but I was fine with that.

Brunos family fascinated me with all of their miracles, but Brunos gift was the most interesting to me.

"YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE BRUNO?!?!? THATS SO COOOOOOOOL~! YOU'RE MAGICAL!!" Young me yelled at Bruno.

He shyly looked away, not used to the praise that I was giving.

-

Bruno suddenly stopped in front of Casita, and I ran into his back.

"Ah sorry Mila!" Bruno said quickly, evidently embarrassed.

"Its okay Bruno! Hehe!"

He looked away again, a slight blush appearing on his cheaks. Hands still connected, he led me inside "Our" home. We walked upstairs, towards his bedroom.

While we were in his room, we would play with the sand that layed there. We would stay up making sand castles and having sand fights. It was safe to say that I had a small crush on Bruno, but young me would have never admitted it.

In the end, we would always end up falling asleep on the soft sand beside each other. Our arms around each other, trying to get as much heat as possible.

During the day, we would run around town, having fun like normal kids would. Of course we got dirty looks sent our way. Bruno was shunned because of his prophesies. People looked down on me for living with the Madrigals.

Its not like both of us could have stopped it from happening.

Days went by fast, the fun of our days making us forget how much time went by. Dinners were sometimes missed, and chores were undone.
This, obviously, did not make Abuela happy. But, Bruno and I didn't care. We had each other, and each other was enough.

-

As teenagers, we spent even more time together, if that could even be possible. Every minute we spent, we spent together. No matter how hard anyone tried, no one could separate us. People had started to call us conjoined twins. We never minded it. People started to hate Bruno even more, eventually his own family too. I stood by his side, not letting him be alone.

I could tell he was getting more depressed after everyday, and I made it my lifes mission to make him happy.

I longed for a smile to come apon Brunos face, and whenever it did, I was overjoyed. I was finally usefull.

Everyday I did my best to make Bruno smile, and on some days he would even laugh. I loved it. I loved him.

Regrettably, I never told him. Maybe if he did know, he wouldn't have left me alone.

"Bruno, lets go watch the stars!" I smiled up at him.

He sent me a soft smile back and nodded his head. I grabbed his hand and took him outside onto one of the near mountains.

We both layed down, and looked up towards the glittering sky.

I turned my head towards bruno, admiring his face. I smiled and nudged closer to him.

His face turned into shock, and a pink hue dusted his cheaks as I rested my head on his chest.

"I'm really glad I have you Bruno."