XX

The ride home was silent. The steady roar of the engine hummed over the low music. Y/n kept her eyes to her own window, not even thinking to look at him. 

He knew she was upset. He understood why too. Though he wouldn't break the silence.

At their shared home, Y/n and Chris cleaned themselves up before going to bed. All alarms were on, plus they had some guards posted near the entrance of the house. Y/n brushed her teeth while Chris finished changing into some sweats. "Why do you think they did it?" 

"I don't know. Knowing Henry he probably just wanted to get back at me" Chris pushed his slightly damp hair out of his face. "Show me that he can be the boss as well. He never liked that I was his boss." 

"But why even involve Leo" She spit and rinsed her mouth with mouth wash. 

Chris sighed. He went to the window and drew back the curtains to allow some moonlight to shine through the dark room. The only light was from the bathroom. "I don't know that either. He might've just been trying to play at your emotions. Given your past relations with him."

Y/n wiped her mouth with a towel. Her fingers grazed the light switch. With the flick of a wrist the light was off and the only thing that was lighting the room was the moon. The precious luminous grey moon. "He's not someone I consider a friend. Last thing I said to Leo was to 'get the fuck out'." She wrapped her arms around him from behind. His back was still slightly damp from the small droplets falling from his silken hair. 

"Hmm." He turned around in her arms. His shadow prevented him from seeing the details of her face.

"Why did you do that to him Chris?" She said in a low whisper. "Better yet, why did I let you?"

Chris's demeanor softened. Since the night he decided she was his, he's been making her into his perfect replacement. If something were to happen to him it would all go to her. There were times where she resisted the change of heart. He'd destroyed some of the empathy she held. Stole the kind words from her lips and chased away any hint of remorse. All in hopes of making her into a mob queen. Part of the reason he wanted her out now was because he knows he stole her life from her. The other being that she's in danger every moment she stays in it. It wouldn't  matter if they were both dead. 

"I shouldn't have done it with you in the room, I'm sorry, I just- you know sometimes you can't always stop and think about it. Not only was it uncalled for, it was disgusting to put you through." 

She nodded. "But I didn't stop you. Why didn't I stop you?" 

Chris searched for the answer. "I don't know, baby." He rubbed her arms. 

Y/n's gazed fixated on his bare chest. She was in a slight daze while her mind replayed all the things she had ever done to anyone. "I can hear their screams." She mumbled. 

There were a many of persons that she had to teach lessons to. At the time she didn't know if she was the right one to be teaching anyone anything, but Chris and his crew were right behind her. Encouraging her. Instilling false confidence in her. Now it was crumbling in shambles. Where was the demon voice in the back of her head now? Had it taken over? Was it possible for her to regain the old her back? Though there was really nothing to regain back. 

"Hmm?" Chris tilted her head towards his so he could get a good look at her face. 

Tears streamed down her cheeks, but her eyes were emotionless just like her tone. "Do you hear them?" 

Chris wiped her cheek and guided her to the bed. Without a word he got her under the covers and made sure she was tucked in before he settled in beside her for the night. She had propped her head on his chest. Chris traced small lines on the back of her bare arm. "Always."