My Experience

So I did say I would give you my advice and I think the best way for me to do this, is to tell you how I started, and in true fashion I am also doing this part exactly like how I started five years ago... On my phone.

Yes my phone, auto correct hell nightmare. it was useful at times but awful when using words like Chunin and Jounin. words that aren't words in the english language.

Anyways I like any good student in school stared at their phone when they had nothing to do, so I wrote my fanfiction whenever I was bored in school... which was often. Hilariously in His fox, I had asked many of my friends in highschool on some of the pictures, asking what they all thought would work well, like with voting for what Naruto's tailed beast form looked like.

I used the insight of others and used suggestions frequently, and it was what helped me make somewhat decent stories. I say decent, i re-read His fox and I always wonder what I was thinking using Bold text and not "Quotation marks"  but we can't change the past... not yet anyways.

Anyways~ back to my tips~ Do not be afraid to change the story. Throw in a death if you want. Give the readers a curve ball, something that may be hinted previously in other chapters. I do it all the time and its fun to read comments like. "OH THATS WHAT YOU WERE DOING" Etc.

Take critism. It's constructive critism if you mold it into motivation... if you let it fester it will stay only as critism. 

Do not do everything a comment says. This is a little loose as it depends on how much your comments say, if they give you a paragraph of ideas, use one... and not all of it, it will save you heartache.

However if you are having issues and you run out, ask your readers in a authors note in the top or bottom of your chapter. put it in bold, it gives them a idea of what is a note made by the author and what isn't.

Do not care about people who are only giving hate... leave it at that.

And finally my personal experience (that I can think of at the moment...)

Do. Not. Give. Up.

Sinple, yeah? Nope~ you want to take breaks you do it, but make sure to come back around and stare at your story... something will come up, trust me, I know.