Chapter Three: Never Say Neverland

Brienne’s tiny, glamorous wings fluttered furiously as she darted through the mid-afternoon breeze, eagerly seeking out her destination without a moment’s hesitation.

On second thought, perhaps she should have hesitated, as it would have kept her from crashing into the Lexandria’s bedroom window. “Oooof!” The chattery pixie screeched, pushing herself away from the tinted glass and landing face first into the shrubbery below.

Upon hearing the distinctive ‘thud’ of a diminutive object clonking into the window, Lexandria immediately dismissed her maid and went to open it, forcefully wrenching the curtains aside and quickly shoved the window ajar. Wildly looking about, she spotted the tiny fairy caught in the flora, and with a laugh relaxed her panicky expression. “Brienne? What are you doing here? Where are Ren and Hadyn?” She questioned, scooping the pixie girl into her hands, tempest eyes blazing with a fierce curiosity that had yet to be sated. “Shouldn’t they be here by now?”

The energetic pixie instantly sprung to life, high-pitched chattering nigh unintelligible to all but a select few willing to put up with the piercing sound. Fortunately for Brienne, Lexandria was willing to deal with even the apocalypse if that meant she would have a new tale to tell. “They’re waiting on the edge of the forest!” Brienne squealed, floating agitatedly around the room- crashing into the occasional object as she told the Bard of the goings on.

Once all had been sufficiently clarified to her, Lexandria took a seat by her writing desk, letting out a deep sigh of impatience. “Well, they could have at least had the decency to tell me about all this when I was with them yesterday!” She huffed, crossing her arms and pushing her bottom lip out to pout.

“Ren told me that he’d just thought of it today!” Brienne cried, finally deciding to settle down on Lexandria’s shoulder. “Otherwise, I would have told you sooner.” She added a tad regretfully. The small pixie hated spoiling surprises, but she hated to keep her friends in the dark more.

Her terrible habit of gossiping was why Ren hadn’t told the pixie about the change in plans the day before. The elf rather enjoyed scaring the Bard, perhaps a tad too much.

With a roll of her eyes, Lexandria twirled about in her chair, a thoughtful expression dawning on her face. “There’s nothing I can do about it now, Brienne," she said tiredly, letting loose a wide, gaping yawn without covering her mouth. “No matter what Ren has in mind, I cannot do much to save myself until he and Hadyn arrive. Tell them that the ceremonies start in an hour. I’ll be waiting in here should there be anything else that must be brought to my attention.” Even with her vast amount of patience, the Bard was quite anxious about getting things over and done with. Something about Master Gamble set her on edge, and she was loath to find out exactly what it was about him that made her hesitant to be near him.

“I’ll head out right away, Lexi!” The pixie bounced off Lexandria’s shoulder, only to fly right into the window again. Holding her head, she landed on top of the window sill, wobbling on her two delicate feet.

Giggling softly, Lexandria opened it for her, gently nudging her outside. “Be careful, Brienne! Don’t crash into any trees on your way back now!” She bid her goodbye, closing the glass-fashioned door after her unsteady friend.

Taking a seat at the vanity table, Lexandria sighed once again, looking over her prettied appearance in the mirror. “Affairs such as these do not suit me at all…” She groaned, holding her head in her hands.