Chapter 8

"Who is it this time, PJ Robot?" Catboy asked after he and the other two had transformed and arrived in their HQ.

He beeped and swiped on the PJ Picture Player to go through the security cameras around the town. When he landed on the one he was searching for, he moved aside and let Catboy do what he needed to do.

Owlette and Gekko moved forward to see which villain decided to strike that night. They all groaned when they saw who it was.

What they saw were the Ninjalinos, continuing to trash the already wrecked art shop.

Catboy turned arond to look at the team with an unimpressed look, before announcing that they were to go using the Cat Car.

And so they did, after being wished good luck by PJ Robot, grumbling on the way about how Night Ninja and his Ninjalinos had never changed.

Catboy parked a few blocks away from their destination and whispered, "We should best split up, that way we can take the Ninjalinos by surprise. Gekko you camouflage yourself and stay close to me while you, l- Owlette fly up in the sky to swoop down when I tell you." He was about to slip up and call Owlette by something else but he managed to catch himself just in time.

The two agreed with him and they were off to carry out their plan.

Catboy and camouflaged Gekko took off running while Owlette flew above them.

Owlette was looking downwards to try to see where the Ninjalinos were situated when something caught her eye. A cage exactly around the corner of the street where her teammates were running in, with some Ninjalinos on each side of its opening. Her eyes widened when she realised what was most likely was going to happen.

She tried to warn Catboy using their new telepathic powers but it was too late. He and most probably Gekko too had already ran into the trap, with the Ninjalinos locking the door behing the two.

The boys didn't understand what had just happened; one moment they were running after the Ninjalinos, and the next they found themselves in a cage.

There were Ninjalinos in the cage too, prepared to grab the their hands. One of them bumped into the still camouflaged Gekko, causing his camouflage to drop and become visible once again.

Four Ninjalinos grabbed each of Catboy's and Gekko's arms. The two tried to get out of their grasp but they couldn't, the Ninjalinos had grown stronger over the years.

The Ninjalinos went to remove the PJ Bracelets from them, to leave them powerless. They managed to take Gekko's bracelet, transforming him back into Greg, but when they tried to take Catboy's bracelet, they found out that they couldn't. It was as if it was stuck to his outfit by super glue.

That was when Night Ninja decided to come out of his hiding place. He had grown much taller over the years, and his voice had deepened, but he still wore his usual head to toe blue ninja outfit.

"Seriously Ninjalinos, can't you ever do something properly?", he whined, even though the Ninjalinos had done an excellent job in trapping them. They looked at each other and shrugged, used to him insulting them.

He grabbed Catboy's hand from outside of the cage and tried to remove the bracelet, but like the Ninjalinos, he couldn't. He tried and pulled and pulled, making Catboy feel like his arm was about to be ripped off, but still wasn't able to.

Night Ninja huffed loudly and forcefully pushed Catboy's hand back to him.

"What's going on Night Ninja, why are you doing this?", Catboy asked in an authoritative tone, rubbing his arm.

Night Ninja laughed evilly. "You see, PJ Pests, you have fallen for my trap and I finally managed to trick you. The only thing I want is to be able to perform my villanous acts in peace, but you always have to interfere and act all heroic, blegh.