chapter thirty-eight

Amira's POV

It has been an hour since I woke up Enrique told me that I had passed out before we got to the hospital but I'm still so exhausted. Mason was still in surgery and I was waiting for my examination results. To say I am stressed is an horrible understatement because I feel like I'm loosing my mind.

I don't even know how long I've been out for and once I woke up they told me that I couldn't see Mason because he's still in surgery like for real how long does that shit take. I don't even know if he's okay he bearly even had a pulse before we got here, I'm really trying to be positive about this but I can't help but imagine the worse that could happen or did happen.

Enrique had gone to check if there was any news so I was left alone in a huge ass room in a fucking private hospital that no one cared to tell me Mason owns. Now I know a lot of shit had happened in the past three days so nothing should really surprise me anymore but it does. I'm very much surprised it doesn't matter though I could careless all I need is for Mason to be fine so I could maybe stop stressing.

I didn't know being alone could be this lonely and  there was so may thoughts, I really just wanted you cry. I wanted to cry about Mason's situation that my family and I got him into, I wanted to cry about the fact that even when I tried so fucking hard to be perfect and be a good person I still got the shitty end of the stick. I wanted to cry for the truth of everything and what I saw that may or may not traumatize me and for every pain that I'm in both physically and mentally. I just wanted to let it all out so the overwhelming feel of anxiety would go away.

The door push open and I look up to see my best friend who stormed in tears running down her face and I smiled at her sadly as she came and embraced me in a warm gently hug while she cried and I tried my best to sooth her and control myself. I hardly to never see Lexi this vulnerable and crying so I know whatever she was feeling was hurting her and I just had to do my best to let her know that I'm fine.

She pulled away eyes red and her cheeks stained from her tears “I'm so happy you're okay” she says smiling slightly and I could tell she wanted to start crying again “hmm, what do you mean? Should I have left you to have all the fun I haven't even seen you yet married yet” I tease as she scrunch up her face “never, you hear me?” she says laughing a bit and I joined “yeah? we'll see about that” I tell her and she rolled her eyes “I really missed you” she says smiling and hugging me once more “I missed you too” I tell her as the door opened once more and in walked William holding my precious gem of a son in his arms.

The moment he sees me he started jumping, Lexi moved back as William set him on the bed “mommy!!” he yells jumping on me and wrapping his tiny arms around my neck as I hugged him back tightly. Now I don't know which is more scarier me losing him or him losing me but both thoughts made my blood run cold and my eyes water. I was terrified of the thought of never seeing him again after we left that house but I'm ecstatic to see him happy and healthy he was fine and I'm holding him. I couldn't help but started crying giving myself an headache but it's worth it. I wouldn't bear to live my life without him and my tears aren't of sorrow but joy.

“you're okay mommy” he says pulling away and wiping my tears making me smile he's just the spitting image of his father and I got even more hope that he'll be fine, he has to. “I'm fine” I reassure him “hungry but fine” I say and he laughs “I was allowing you to have you're moment, here you go” William said and he spoke English so well if I wasn't so hungry I probably would've smacked him upside his head for playing dumb all this while.

I set Sage on my lap and got the bag from him thanking him before I opened it, there was loaded potatoe ranch chicken with cheese and a fruit bowl with yogurt and some chips and orange juice, there was also a large box of southern comfort eggnog and I gasp looking over at Lexi I know this was her doing.