The Entertainment District

Wesley's eyes fluttered open and he found himself lying on the muscular chest of Uppermoon Two. The memories of the sleepy conversation he had with Douma flooded into his mind. He blushed as he remembered what he said right before he went to sleep."You stayed here all night?" Wesley gushed, his face beaming with joy.

"Of course! Anything for you." Douma returned the purred, but there was something special behind it. Wesley didn't recognize it at the time, but it was the smile of someone who was staring at the person they loved.

After exchanging morning pleasantries, Wesley convinced Douma to go with him to a tavern. They left the Infinity Fortress and wandered until they found the Entertainment District. The whole way there, Wesley didn't notice Douma's stolen glances. And Douma didn't notice Wesley blushing whenever they spoke to each other.

The town was beyond impressive. Fireworks went off here and there, the streets were overflowing with people. And the aroma of lasciviousness and lust floated through the air. It was simply breathtaking for both Douma and Wesley. They looked left and right with their mouths gaping open in shock.

"I think I love you." Douma professed out of the blue. Wesley looked at him in shock and saw that Douma wasn't even looking at him. He was staring at a prostitute slapping a random solicitor.

"What was that?" Wesley muttered, bewildered and ecstatic at the same time.

Douma looked at him this time and smiled from ear to ear. "I love you." His face was beaming down on his slightly shorter friend. Wesley stared at him for a moment, he didn't know what to say.

"Last night," Douma began he was yelling over the music and the crowd of people in the streets. "I asked you what love feels like and you answered 'Close to this, I assume'. Does that mean you feel the same way?"

Wesley still stared at Douma with an unreadable poker face. Douma blushed slightly and turned away in embarrassment. "Nevermind, that was silly. This place- it makes ya say things. Ya know?"

But before Douma could feel any more embarrassed, Wesley wrapped his arms around Douma and pressed his lips against the Uppermoon's. Douma's adorable, rainbow eyes widened in shock and glee. And after the initial shock, he wrapped his own strong arms around Wesley's skinny waist. Wesley even slipped Douma the tongue! The two of them made out for at least five minutes, illuminated by the invented light of the Entertainment District.

"You're right," Wesley smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. "This place does make ya do things." Douma's face lit up like a puppy. "So you do love me?" His joy was almost tangible. "I think I do."

-=+=-

"Two bottles of red wine, sir." A beautiful waitress said as she placed the bottles onto the table.

"Thank you very much!" Douma smiled kindly at the waitress. The two watched the waitress leave, then redirected their attention to each other.

"So," Wesley popped off the cork on one of the bottles with his new, demon strength. "This is like our first date." He poured the wine into the glasses and handed one to his new paramour.

"I guess so. But I must admit, I'm not good at romance." Douma giggled nervously as he took the glass in his hand.

"Well, that's what the wine's for." Wesley winked at him and took a sip.

"Hey, Wesley. I'm sorta realizing I don't know much about you. I feel kinda silly for falling for someone knowing as little as I do about them." Douma blushed, feeling a 'kinda silly'. 

"What do you want to know?" Wesley stared lovingly at Douma as he caressed the rim of his wine glass. 

"Hm. . ." Douma sat in thought for a bit. Then his face lit up as if a lightbulb had actually gone off above his head. "Why'd you join the Demon Slayer Corps?"

"Oh god." Wesley let out a heartfelt sigh as he recalled his reasons for joining the Corps. 

"Oh, no! If you don't want to talk about it, it's completely fine!" Douma waved his hands frantically, feeling horrible that he might have made his boyfriend sad. 

"Nah. It's cool. I can tell you. I'd just get drunk and talk later anyways." Wesley chuckled and took a big sip of his wine in preparation to regale his boyfriend with his woeful tale. 

But then a voice rang out. 

"What the hell are you doing on my turf, scum!" A beautiful lady with black hair and fair skin walked up to Wesley and picked him up by the neck, just discretely enough for no one to notice. "You get the fuck out of here before I string you up and leave you in the sun to burn!" She spat on Wesley and threw him back to his seat. Wesley was too stunned by what just happened to say anything, but Douma quickly stood up. 

Before Wesley could even blink, Uppermoon Two had his tessen-fans out and had cut the girl's right middle finger clean off. "Daki, that's not a very nice way to treat my friend," Douma whispered into her ear. He was wearing a fake, friendly smile and was holding the now-bloody fans in front of his face. 

The girl immediately started crying and fell to her knees. She bowed so low her forehead was touching the ground. "Lord Douma! I didn't notice you- please forgive me!" 

"Aw, jeez. Now I feel bad." Douma said, putting a hand to his head in frustration. 

Wesley looked around, the eyes of everyone in the giant tavern had fallen upon the three. Wesley took a look at the outfit the 'Daki' girl was wearing and his eyes widened. "Based on your clothing and the attention from the crowd, you're no ordinary demon-girl."

Daki looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. Wesley bent down and whispered into her ear with a teasing, demeaning tone: "You're one high-standing whore, now aren't you?" 

Daki's eyes beamed with rage, but she knew her place. She held her tongue and didn't say anything. 

"Not so smug now that you know I'm dating a bigshot." An evil grin dawned on Wesley's face and his fingers wrapped around his blade's hilt. 

"It was great to see you, Daki. But we should be going." Douma interjected as he grabbed Wesley's arm. The former slayer loosened his grip on his sword and scowled at Daki. Douma glanced upward and said, "The sun should be coming up soon, ya know." 

"Thanks for stepping in there, Douma." Wesley kissed Douma on the cheek as they walked to the nearest hidden door to the Infinity Fortress. He blushed slightly, he was ashamed because he knew he would have been no match for Daki on his own. 

"Any time!" Douma grinned. "Also, you'll have to tell me that story of yours another time. Let's come here tomorrow night."

"It's a date!" Wesley cheered as he hugged Douma's toned arm. "Oh, and who was that Daki girl anyways?"

Douma rolled his handsome eyes. "That's just the office slut of the Twelve Kizuki."