Would you love me more if I killed someone for you?

Notes:

Grab a pen, kids, we're talking lore!
1.This is an AU where we're still in the Tower but you don't climb the Tower as a test, if that makes sense?

2.Rachel betrayed Bam and handed him over to FUG but instead of pushing him during the test, she literally handed him over to them (her motive is not really strong *but* I'm planning on explaining it either way)

3.Rak, Kiseia and a bunch of others are working with FUG because I said so

4.Mentions of violence but nothing graphic

5.New Rule for Princesses: You can never be with your soulmate

6.I will put symbolism in everything. This is a threat.

Chapter 1

There are many myths regarding soulmates. Some speak of one being split in two, others of lines of destiny made by the same thread. One theory in the entire universe and every other is correct but we are not to find out which one. The only thing one needs to know, or to be more precise, what you ought to know is that soulmates are parallel contradictions.

.

There are two women, different place, different time.

.

There is a woman with soft eyes. She is crying, screaming and curses the sky. She is on her knees and though it looks like she is slowly and painfully dying, it’s a beautiful sight. A young girl, a child by all accounts, stands a little further away. She looks sad but her body is frozen and no words or sobs come out.

“Give him back to me!” the weeping woman screams and slams her fists on the ground. She isn’t pleading. She’s demanding. But there is no human nor God to give her what she craves.

.

There is a woman with piercing blue eyes. She’s panting. Her legs are trembling as she stumbles inside a room. Soon, a small girl follows after her, she opens her mouth to speak but closes it at the last second. The woman moves towards a cradle and almost collapses, still, she manages to hold on to the wooden structure. Fourteen hours, she thinks, fourteen hours for this.

“I’m going to rest.” She whispers and exits the room. The girl who was with her doesn’t follow. Instead, she approaches the cradle and stands on her tiptoes to look inside. The baby stares at her—slightly frightened—and though she has learned to always be brave, she can’t help sharing that sentiment. She moves her hand to touch it when suddenly the baby smiles and makes a sound. She thinks it’s laughter.

(She leaves.)

.

There is a boy in front of a gate who has lost his light. It’s cruel for someone to live in a dark world, that much it’s true, but it’s undeniably worse for someone who has known the warmth of the sun to be without it. This is why the boy weeps like others before him, curses the stars and pleads for the only family he has ever known to return to him. And it’s true, no men and no Gods tend to grant wishes to tortured souls but this is different.

Gods can’t stand supernovas crying for a candle’s light.

.

She’s beautiful. There are no scars or bruises visible on her other than a small cut on her left cheek. It feels almost fake. She wears a bright blue dress and her hair fall on her shoulders. She looks like a porcelain doll. It’s almost like she’s meant to be like that; beautiful and everlasting. This is the only thing he can think of. The only thing he can pay attention to. He refuses to see the bloodstains, the traces of tears near her eyes or the way his mother clenches to her dead body wrinkling her dress. Even so, he can feel his own eyes watering up as a hand lands on his shoulder.