11. Puppy Love

~December 2021~

*

Ben's POV

I had to take a step back and let Beam stands between her mother and I.

I want to tell him that this is between her and I, but his eyes speak louder than just that yell.
I think he thought I betrayed him.

"When I said about what I said, I didn't talk about my mother." Beam said.

Is he talking about the relationship talk we had about me?

"Really?" I return his saying. "I thought you agreed with your mother that I will be a great father." I said.

He is fierce but I live longer.
My life lesson is twice than what he already had.

Beam gasps.

And I can see with the corner of my eyes how the other three boys are standing awkwardly nearby.

"... and you added that I will be a great family man. I thought you gave me blessing to make a move to your mother." I add.

Beam shakes his head. Hard. He looked troubled.

I glance at Lien.

She just blinks.

I turn to Beam again.

"I didn't mean it this way." Beam said with a hurtful tone. "If you didn't work out, when to turn when she is not around or I don't want to bother her? I want to bother you."

Owh. He is worried.

"Hey. I am not perfect." I said. "But it doesn't mean that I won't try my best to work things out. Just so you know, she already put me in a danger when she made trouble with the daughter of Yakuza. If I survived that, I think I'll survive her in general."

Beam blinks.

"She left me. But look at me, chasing her, here, with you." I add. "Have a little faith with me. I work things out for four of you boys, no?"

Beam looks around.
He looks at Forth who used to be his enemy at school.
He looks at Bane, his father's son with his secretary who now a very good brother to him.
He looks at Four who once run away from home.

Beam sighs. He looks at me again. "But she is not around anymore. She works here. It's a long distance relationship. It's a bad start."

"You should see it in different angle." I said. "I need to work my ass off for my business and she needs to work her ass off for her career. Sometimes distance is good, we only need two days on weekend to deal with each others' shit. A year will be only 52 weeks times 2. And by that, we probably will value each other more."

"What about sex?" Beam asked.

I can't believe I am talking about my sex life with my girlfriend's son.
She is only three seconds ago being my girl nonetheless!

But this is mother-son duo who bickered about the sugar mommy thing at the first day I met them, so....

"She didn't have sex since the divorce and I am not a sex machine, even if sometimes I had fun. And for your information, since all of you happened, I didn't have any and I'm fine." I said.

Beam blinks.

"If you mind about our sex life, you can move out the house." I add while folds my arms on my chest.

Beam pouts.

"Don't move out! I already told father that I want to live with you at Mr. Ben's house." Bane said.