Chapter 12: Hand demon

•Tanjiro•

I and rimuru were slaying demons, and rimuru was wearing his mask on the side of his head and he had the same clothes I had except the mask.

He faced a different direction and flinched in disgust, and I started to smell a demon and a human.

He was about to get killed, and as I was about to jump in rimuru had beat me to it, I didn't even see him move, then he bent down to the boy and pulled out a gourd.

"Here, drink this it's a healing- I mean pain killer! Yes, it will make you feel better." the boy nodded and grabbed it and drank.

I ran to them as I put a protective stance in front of rimuru, " you should leave, me and my friend will handle this demon" rimuru assured but could we beat him? He looks very strong but we have to.

(A/N: I'm gonna skip some stuff because I'm too lazy to put the whole thing.)

He had told us that he slaughtered sabito and makumo.

I was very angry and my breath was all over the place when I dodged every single attack as he was about to hit me and I tried to dodge then rimuru stepped in and slew him.

He sheathed his sword then I held his hand as I felt sadness in the demon.

I and rimuru departed and after a few days, I attempted to ask demons how to turn a demon back into a human.

But nothing, I found nothing, then we entered the wisteria forest and I and rimuru were surprised to see only me, rimuru and 3 other contestants to survive, and there was no sign of the boy rimuru helped.

Then the 2 children had come out and announced a congratulation to us for surviving.

Then we received our ranks but rimuru's rank was different he was a kinoe I think it was the highest rank.

Everyone was surprised even rimuru, after all that rimuru and I returned home and it was difficult to walk so rimuru held me, and as we were walking someone kicked the door down.

Happy reading!