chapter 1 ~ detention

{a/n: above is your uniform! feel free to imagine something else if you'd like <33}

I glanced up at the ticking clock. The time moved ever so slowly during class, it was almost like it did it on purpose to punish me. 

I looked out past the slightly open door into the long and ever so difficult to navigate corridors of the university, straining to see if there was anything, even the littlest thing to distract me from the ongoing lecture that our teacher was rambling on and on about. But lo and behold, nothing out of the ordinary occurred. There was only the occasional chatter in the hallways that kept me from falling asleep in this monotonous class.

"Stay awake, Y/n," I thought to myself.

But what was there to stay awake about? There was only this hellhole of a scho-

"Y/n! Y/N!" I heard a whisper from behind me, and I instantly knew who it was.

I glanced around to come face to face with my first and only best friend, Rosé. "What do you want?!" I whisper-shouted back. 'You're going to get us in trouble like last time!"

"Tsk, loosen up a little, Y/n! It's just a note!" She passed the note to me as I grumbled to myself. "Yeah, well, a note got us yelled at 7 times before this week."

Rosé was just a nickname, as her real name is actually Roseanne Park. We've been friends since high school, after getting lost together on our first day in the subway. Since then, she's supported me through and through, even after my mother died in a car accident and how my father had resorted to drinking and developed his... anger issues. Anyways, that's a story for another day. The note read,

"I'm auditioning tonight for a girl group, called BlackPink! There are only 4 members, and I believe the agency is YG Entertainment! I can't wait- after, I'll treat us to boba at the café down the street!!" I have to admit, Rosé's handwriting was pretty neat, in pretty cursive letters that you could surprisingly read clearly. The note was folded into her signature origami animals, this time a graceful swan.

I swiftly scribbled out something, not in the best handwriting but I guess it was comprehensible. "Congrats! I wish you good luck and I know you'll do really great, if not the best!" I messily tried to refold the swan, but it kinda turned out to look like a deformed elephant. Oh well. I quickly handed, if not threw, the note back to her. However, all of a sudden before Rosé could grab it, it was unfortunately grabbed by the teacher.

"M-Mrs. Jung-" I tried mumbling out.

"What have we here? A note? Miss Y/n Lee, care to explain why you were passing notes in my class?" Mrs. Jung yelled. 

I looked around the classroom in a panic to find an excuse or an alibi of some sort. "Don't try and save yourself now, this is the 8th time I've caught you passing notes in my class, young lady! It'll be detention for you later! Mrs. Jung fumed. I mean, she was so pissed that could see smoke coming out of her ears if you squinted hard enough. It was quite shocking since this was extremely rare coming from a teacher who was all about sunshine and happiness almost all the time. 

I was shocked, honestly. "Excuse m- detention? Not to be rude, Mrs. Jung, but I-I've been a good student for the entire semester, I've never been in detention once, pleas-"

Mrs. Jung seemed to calm down, but you could still feel the tension in the air. "I'm sorry Y/n, I don't usually give out detentions but you've clearly been ignoring the rules even though you've been reminded 7 times in the past already. It's still detention for you whether you like it or not." 

I mean, sure, I was an overthinker and a perfectionist, but I swear I've never been in detention before! What'll happen to my grade?! What will happen to me DURING it!? I had so many questions, but I would very much rather keep my mouth shut rather than risk even more detention. I felt my heart rate increase, as well as my breathing patterns. The walls around me started to swirl, and my stomach started to churn. Surely I'm overreacting... am I? I couldn't even pay attention to the lesson at hand, until-

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

The bell rang.

Finally, I was out! I was the first one out the door, as I breathed in the fresh air. I mean, it wasn't really fresh, but hey, anything beats the stuffy air in the History classroom. 

The cold air from the rest of the school calmed my panic attack slightly, though it was truly far from gone. I closed my eyes, breathed in and out-

"BOO!" 

"AH- Tsk, Rosé, you shouldn't scare me like that! I was calming down-"

"Ah sorry! Wait- Y/n, don't you have detention right now or something?" Rosé reminded me of what I already knew.

"Yes, yes I do. And since BOTH of us were passing notes, it totally makes sense for only one of us to get detention!" I groan, sarcastically. 

"Well- I have to leave now for my audition, but as soon as that hour is up and I get back, I promise that I'll be waiting outside, so we can still get some boba at the café! I heard they're having a sale today! And don't worry, I'll make it up to you no matter what," she replied as she crushed me in one of her signature bone-crushing hugs.

"Ah- I-I can't breathe- well, alright, but make sure n-not to get cold and freeze your head off l-like last time! Now please let me go, I-I c-can't breathe-" I gasped out, desperate for air.

"Tsk, stop bringing it up, ok? Now next time I'll be sure to crush you with a hug!" Rosé playfully shoved me to the side.

"Ok, ok! Good luck on your audition, I have to go attend detention!" I give her a more mediocre and breathable hug and runoff.

In a panic, I scurry to find the detention room, and when all hope was lost, I had finally found it. 

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself and reluctantly pushed open the door. As I walked in, I realized that the detention room only had 2 other students, one from another class and another I wasn't familiar with. The desks were surprisingly of better quality than the ones in the other classes, and with one polished, wooden desk at the front. The chair was made out of pure leather except for the seat, which looked soft and velvety to the touch. And of course, the final piece to bring it all in was a woman- probably around the same age as me. She was about 5"8, and wearing the most attractive black suit that complimented her entire complexion. She also had raven-black long hair, along with matching black heels- she was almost- no, literally perfect-

"Miss Lee?"

"Shit."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

{a/n: ahh I'm so sorry for the short chapter but if anyone finds this book tell me how you liked it so far! probably will be updating every day or every other day once I get some info, anyways thank you for taking the time to click on this book and to read the first chapter <33}

{a/n pt 2: also I updated the first chapter to look a bit better, this will probably be the same format for the rest of the chapters, tell me how you like it! <33 also more spicy chapters coming up soon 😏 }

love you, from fluffyyoongie <333