CHAPTER ONE

"FLIGHT attendants, prepare for landing please," the flight captain on board announce to the flight attendants as he ready the airplane for take off.

After the captain made an announcement sumunod naman ang flight attendant.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport. Please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. Thank you," the flight attendant announced.

The passengers just do what the flight attendant announces earlier and waited for the plane to take off.

After touchdown, and as the aircraft is turning off the active runway and taxiing to the gate, the flight attendant do an announcement once again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Mactan-Cebu International Airport. The local time is ten thirty in the morning and the temperature is thirty one degree celsius."

"For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. At this time, you may use your cellular phones if you wish."

Venice already called when I searched for my phone. Sinagot ko naman ito at inilagay sa tenga ko ang cellphone.

"What?"

"Greetings! You're home now, Clarity."

I rolled my eyes on the air. "I know so stop pestering me and I'm gonna do this mission quickly."

She laughed on the other line. "I'm good that you're having that spirit. We'll be counting on you, Clarity."

Pinatayan ko na siya ng linya. I already told my Aunt Archie na magbabakasyon ako sa Pilipinas for a month, I guess? At sa kanila rin ako tutuloy.

I texted her to inform na naka landing na ang eroplanong sinasakyan ko.

To: Aunt Archie

"Hey aunt, I just arrive."

Ilang minuto pa ang nakakalipas ay agad akong nakatanggap ng tawag sa kaniya.

"Hey dear. Nakababa kana ba?" She asked out of excitement.

"Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight."

"Bababa pa lang po. Kakalapag lang ng eroplanong sinasakyan ko," I answered while reaching for my baggage.

A flight attendant approaches me as he sees me struggling from reaching my bag.

"Excuse me, can I help you Ma'am?"

Agad ko namang itinuro sa kaniya ang bagahe ko na agad niya namang naintindihan.

"Very well. Pero pasensiya na hija, I can't escort you right now. Aunt will be so very busy right now. But don't yah worry, my son will pick you up, okay?"

"If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you."

I just sighed. Hindi na ako nagreklamo pa at kaagad nalang na nag-okay sa sinabi niya.

After reaching for my bag agad naman akong nag 'thank you' sa flight attendant na tumulong sa'kin.

"On behalf of Phillipine Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!"