~Prologue~

~***~

~***~

*~March 1982~*

   To say that Luna was terrified would be the understatement of the century, today was the day she was running away. Her and Sandy had a plan, Sandy would distract the guard while Luna swam out through the secret passageways underneath the castle. Luna knew that there were a lot of ways that this could go wrong, but all she could do was keep her fins crossed.

As she opened the door to the secret passageway she paused, she knew that there was no going back. "Come on Luna '' the princess muttered to herself, and with a new sense of determination, she swam through the hatch and entered the dimly lit passageway, closing the hatch-door carefully behind me.

After finding out about her engagement to her ex-best friend, Luna and her younger sister had devised an escape plan. A plan to help Luna escape from her betrothal and the life she did not choose. A life she did not want to live, to land, where she would be able to marry the man she loved.

As she neared the end of the passageway she looked back, there was a high chance that this was the last time that she would ever see any of her family again. As much as it broke her heart, she knew she had to do what she was doing, she had to run away, otherwise she would never be happy. She knew that when the time came, Sandy would be a good queen, better than she would ever be.

With one last look to the palace, princess Luna turned her back on her life of royalty and confinement, and swam towards the surface away from her home, towards the man she loved. 

~***~