𝓓𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓶𝓮?

It was just another calm and peaceful night at To-oh University's dorms. L was sitting on his bed, surrounded by candy wrappers and cookie crumbs. Only the light of his computer illuminated the room and shone on his face, making him look ghostly. In favor of finishing his Social Studies essay, he pulled an all-nighter and thus forgot to clean up his bed. Light would get a heart attack if he saw him like this, but frankly L couldn't care less what that prissy boy thought. Unlike L, he wasn't one for procrastinating or untidiness. They were so alike, yet were polar opposites at the same time. Light was a model student, always making sure he turned in his work and excelling in grades; while L frequently came in late or didn't come at all, barely passing up his work yet somehow managing to pass with flying colors on every test. They were constantly at odds with each other, engaging in arguments and sometimes, away from their peers' wandering eyes, physical fights. What are the odds that they would be roommates too?

"On the topic of Light, where is he?" L thought to himself. Even though it was a Friday night, Light would usually be fast asleep by now or calling his parents to update them on his campus life. L didn't know why he did that, it was not as if anything interesting ever happened. He tried not to dwell on it too much, but that proved nearly impossible to not think of Light once he got on that train of thought.

L had always had this infatuation with Light ever since he met him. Call it love at first sight if you will. They were getting along well, until he, having the inability to express his feelings in a traditional manner, accidentally started a rivalry with Light by saying it wasn't hard to imagine him as a vigilante.

Late the next night, Light, in a state of sleep-deprived stupor, apologized and confessed he only punched L because he was insulted to be compared to the vigilantes they were talking about earlier in the day, mumbling something about "not being so sloppy" before going out like a light. From that day onwards, L had hung the threat of telling his entire class what he said to him in an occasion that he would screw him over. Light tried getting back at him by going out and leaving him to do all the chores himself, but that ultimately backfired when L messed up more things than he cleaned up. Eventually, Light gave up and resorted to doing everything himself.

L's train of thought was interrupted when he heard the sound of the door opening and Light walked in, looking a bit disoriented. L quickly shoved the candy wrappers under his pillow and swept the cake crumbs off his blanket to avoid Light nagging at him again.

Light noticed that, but did nothing but scowl at him and flop down onto his bed, sighing.

"Where were you?" L asked, being nothing short of curious what his golden boy was up to this time.

Light ignored him, turning around and pretending to be asleep. L made a soft noise of displeasure, but didn't say anything. Light had discovered not too long ago that L hated being ignored above all, and didn't waste a single opportunity to pretend that his dear old roommate didn't exist.

L walked over to his bed and pawed at him to try to annoy him into talking, but to no avail.

"I'll tell everyone that you have a crush on Hideki Ryuga," L teased, but Light just pulled his blanket over his face and rolled away from him.

L ripped the blanket of his face and poked it. When that didn't work, he resorted to wrapping his arms around Light's neck and his legs around his waist. He could feel Light freeze and his eyes blinked open and glared at him. Their faces were so close they could've kissed. L couldn't see it because the room was so dark, but Light was a shade of beet red. He tried to struggle, but L had a steel grip on him.

"Can you just disturb Beyond instead of me for once, please?" Light grumbled. Beyond was L's slightly unhinged twin brother who stuck to him like glue until recently, when he started to branch out and talk to other people. Exceeding everyone's expectations, he became fast friends with one of Light's acquaintences, Teru Mikami, who was studying in a law school close to To-oh. L once joked about Light having a run for his money as To-oh's most popular. Of course, that didn't bother him at all.