Chapter 7

"Dialogue"

'Thoughts'

~Flashback~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...] Crimson Lion's Base, Training Area.

A clash of fire against fire, each battling for dominance, rising higher in height and temperature. The heat permeated the air, suffocating the spectators who did not dare look away, a grand battle, magnificent display of power, pride swelling in their chest as they looked on.

The young Vermillion girl stood among them ready to jump in as soon as the battle ended, or before if need be.

Flames waned as others engulfed. A clash of fists was the last thing seen, then a body flew backward at high speed and crashed into the greenery below.

"Again!" — the roar of the eldest Vermillion sibling sounded.

The young woman rushed to the young man's side and quickly provided medical attention.

The young man remained still. His fatigue was clear, heavy breaths were taken in without hesitation. His wounds receded and quickly found himself restored again. He stood up with visible strain.

His cousin moved back to her position among the spectators.

The Vermillion elder flared her mana giving an indication of her intent. The onlookers shivered with excitement. Some could barely stand but would never leave.

The young man gathered his mana but did not flare it in return. He took a fighting stance instead, allowing his mana to flow less violently which caused his opponent to grow furious.

She quickly closed the gap and towered over him looking down with anger.

He reacted in turn by taking a defensive guard with his arms.

"I ordered you to stop doing that!" — each word was accompanied by a powerful blow.

'So heavy... I don't have a way to counter' - he concentrated his mana in his arms to block the attacks.

His knee buckled and touched the ground. Instinctively he raised his arms to maintain his defense which in turn obstructed his vision.

Immediately, he felt his arms grasped by a powerful grip. He attempted to stand but the opposing force pushed him down.

With no success, he then attempted to swing his opponent sideways with himself. He was once again unsuccessful.

Again, the grip opposed his direction and he was lifted in the air within a second, and within the next second, he was slammed face-first on the ground.

The spectators gasped as the area beneath their royal squad member dug and expanded to form a crater around his body.

The body laid still as the young woman rushed to his aid.

"Get up!" — the older Vermillion ordered.

No response was delivered.

"This is your result? Six months and a war..." — she provoked.

She received no response.

"Where's that ultimate magic you kept boasting about!?" — she shouted as she lifted his head with his hair.

"Stop it! He's unconscious!" — Mimosa quickly wrapped his cousin in a healing flower bed.

'What the hell...' — Mereoleona Vermillion was agasp.