My heart told me

The world stopped right there and then. It was as if I was living in a box with no sound or movement. I broke away from my thought, quickly making my way over to where the brunette stood in the middle of the room with the paper in his hand.

"I need to check the box" I said frantically as I ran to the bathroom to review the box that we had earlier read. Returning to mason with the box in hand, he was now sat on the white fabric sofa next to the tv.

"Leave the test for 3 minutes to sit. When the time is up look at the test to see the results. 1 pink line indicates NOT pregnant. 2 pink lines indicates pregnant.  The test will show 2 pink lines after an hour automatically, only guaranteed results within 3-10 minutes of taking the test." I read from the box in my hands.

I gently slapped Mason's arm and then crossed my arms over my chest in a way to signal he had stressed me out. He wrapped his arms around my tense body and kissed my temple softly. We stayed like that until he spoke a minute or two after.

"I bought the expensive test that just says pregnant and not pregnant on instead of the lines." He whispered to me. I wriggled from his grasp slightly annoyed that he was still persisting with this pregnancy thing. I hadn't seen him this obsessed with something for a while and it was strange, it was like he wanted me to be pregnant so he could say he was right. I have no idea where all this had come from, we had never spoke about having children seriously, we had joked about how Mason was determined he wanted a son and how his determination would result in us having only daughters. He would always say he wouldn't mind but he knew secretly it would kill him.

"Mace I really can't keep doing this. I don't know where this has all come from? Just because I was a little sick from travelling? It said not pregnant." I said very calmly, I wasn't angry. I was more bummed that he seemed so excited about something that I knew wasn't happening. Of course never say never in the future but as I have said a million times, I am NOT pregnant.

"I'm sorry. Please do this last one and I promise I'll drop it. My heart is just telling me you're pregnant I don't know why" he seemed genuine how he spoke. His voice was soft and gently yet with passion telling me he felt what he was saying.

Without another word I stood up asking him where the test was that he had bought. Finding out it was in the bathroom cupboard above the toilet I made my way there quickly to get this over and done with. It was the same process as last time, pee on the stick, set it down for 3 minutes and wait patiently, but in Mason's case it was wait impatiently. Like before, a head popped round the corner and i simple giggled, tapping the spot next to me again.

"This is like deja vu" the boy smiled at me, not being able to sit still for some reason.

"Probably because we was here a few hours ago" I laughed, bumping my shoulder on his.

We waited for what seemed like a lifetime before the alarm on my phone beeped beside me. Mason looked at me with wide eyes, his eyes telling me he wanted to look first. That was fine with me, I didn't want to break the news to him AGAIN that I wasn't pregnant.

"You can look" I let out a small laugh, standing up ready to the leave the bathroom as Mason did the same but he made his way to the sink where the rest lay. I made my way towards the door while Mason did his thing, the bathroom was fairly large, it was all white with the exception of a black feature wall. The sink sat on a long row of counters that were on the left of the door way, above sat a giant mirror with lights all around. As I was about to step out the door Mason's word made the world freeze once again.

"Pregnant"

I turned to Mason, the smile on his face was like something I had never seen before as he looked from the test to me over and over, as if he was reading it wrong.

Letters - Mason MountOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara