Rebekah

I awoke, crying. Caroline quickly took me into her arms and rocked me.

"I should've saved her..." My voice broke and the trembles wracked through my body.

"Shh, Tyler, shh" She told me.

I cried, clutching at her.

"Well, this is all very lovely, but to be honest, it's kinda boring" Rebekah's voice suddenly said.

I jumped with fright, then began to back away.

"Poor Tyler..." she purred.

I climbed into the corner, shaking.

"H-how did you get out?" I asked, my voice wavering and small.

Caroline death-glared her, then put a comforting hand on my wrist.

"That lovely girl, April, she let me out.  I guess she's nicer than some"  She grinned at me, "Anyways, Nik has really pushed it with me.  He's my brother, I love him but he is a bit of an idiot at times"

Caroline looked at me, her dark eyes watching me with worry.

"P-Please go"  I stammered.

"Wow, not the jock you once were, huh?  I thought you had control!  I thought you were scary!  What 'appened to that Tyler?  Did Nik destroy that too?" She laughed, "A kitten, frightened, is that all that's left of the great Tyler Lockwood?"

Her words angered me and I felt a long-suppressed rage rise to the surface.

"Go!" I yelled, felling my vampiric features rise to the surface as a thirst for Rebekah's blood also rose.

She laughed, smacking the side of my head to agitate me.  With a super fast speed, I grabbed Rebekah's arm and broke it.  She swiftly reversed it and buried her fangs in my throat.  I tried to cry out, but found I couldn't.  She then knocked Caroline out.  I went limp, my vision blurry.  Then I heard the voice.

"Rebekah!  Leave them alone!"  It was Klaus.

My heart pounded in fear.

Oh God I thought.

I was terrified.  But soon Rebekah let go of me.  I heard a whoosh and she and Klaus had disappeared.  Unconsciousness was beckoning me.  I was starting to go into it when Caroline suddenly awoke.  She took me into her arms, wary of the bloody bite mark on my neck.

"Oh, Tyler..."  She looked at it.

"Caroline..." I whispered.

She put a hand at my neck, making me wince.

"You're okay, Tyler"  She kissed my forehead.

I half-smiled at her.  She then gave me a slow, lingering kiss on the lips.

"I love you"  She whispered.

"Love you too"  I smiled fully then.