Chapter 1

Sonic's POV

"Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!" I screamed, hitting my head against the wall. Then I started to cry, burying my face in my arms. I was all alone. My legs suddenly felt weak, and I collapsed to the ground. I kept crying, feeling weak. I put my hands on the floor to stabilize myself. I then used one hand to wipe away my tears. I sniffled.

"MAURICE! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I BEAT YOU!" My dad yelled. I nodded to myself, and slowly stood up. I then nearly fell, catching myself by holding onto the nearby wooden desk with three drawers, an old, blue chair next to it. My bed, which was in the corner of the room, was just a mattress, with a thin, pink blanket on top. My window was covered with boards so I couldn't see outside, and my clothes were stacked neatly in my small closet, which could be considered a walk in closet to some, because a person can go in it and take a couple steps. My clothes were dirty and had holes. I had them in the front of the closet, because it saved time. I turned the brass metal doorknob, which was painted gold, and I opened the white door. I then slowly started to walk down the stairs, my ears pinned against my head. I knew what was coming next, and it wasn't pretty. My dad was sitting in a chair at the table, the chair on the two of it's back legs. His legs were on the table, a bottle of beer next to them. In his mouth he had a lit cigarette, which was clutched by his dirty, yellow teeth. I gulped, looking at his raggedy appearance. He was a dark blue hedgehog, with a white, bushy mustache. He had a white unibrow, and his nose was long then most. His gloves were covered in dry blood, a couple holes around the palms. He had on a yellow miners outfit, which was covered in dirt and mud. He had on big black boots with steel tips. His quills were short and had some quills sticking out, giving it a bit of a fuzzy look. His eyes were dark brown, as they mercilessly gazed at me. His face stern. He put his feet on the ground and stood up, towering over me. I gulped. He stared into my eyes, and I looked away. He stomped his foot on the wooden flooring, making me flinch. "LOOK AT ME!"

"S-sorry..." I apologized, as I looked up at him. He growled at me, showing his teeth, and some spit. I gulped again, terrified. I couldn't tell what I was afraid of more, honestly, his appearance, or of his fists. He slammed his fist against the table.

Definitely his fists.

He took a whip out of his pocket, and then he lunged at me.