-87-

The cold, biting winter became the warm and raining spring. Flowers were beginning to the bloom from the branches and blades of grass.

However, it was also James' birthday. But he didn't seem to excited by the event unlike Sirius who had been counting down to his birthday since January. Asteria was quite entertained that Sirius was more excited for his birthday than James was.

Asteria sat alone in the Great Hall for break days that morning as James was still getting dressed. As she sat silently, moving the cereal around her bowl, Sirius sat down beside her.

"You and Prongs have no plans for his birthday, right?" The dark haired boy asked. She shook her head in reply. "Great!" He exclaimed which made her jump slightly, spilling some of the milk into the table.

"I'm planning the best party this castle has ever seen!" The Gryffindor sang as he threw his head back and his arms into the air. "I'll be looking forward to it then." She chuckled as he left her alone to finish her cereal.

But as he walked away, James entered the hall and made his way towards her. "Morning." He grinned as he bent down to kiss her temple before sitting down beside her on the bench.

"Are you just laughing to yourself?" He asked as he caught her still snickering at Sirius. "Are you calling me crazy?" She exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Perhaps," He shrugged which made her roll her eyes and nudge his arm slightly.  "I do say James, you haven't mentioned your birthday too much." Te Hufflepuff pointed out.

"Oh, I just want something small. No big party or anything." James replied before leaning over to grab an apple. "Well, this will be fun." She whispered.

-☘︎︎-

It was later into the day and the sky was going orange as the sun started to set. Asteria was walking back from her final class when she bumped into Sirius. "I need you to distract Prongs." He ordered.

"How?" She asked with wide eyes as he began to hurry away. "I know the broom closet upstairs is free." He smirked back. "Not if you and Remus have been in it." She replied, making Sirius snicker before huffing.

"Just keep him out of the common room until 8, please." Sirius said with begging eyes. "I'll try. And what do you suggest me to do if he wants to go back there?" She asked him.

"Throw your clothes at him or something." Sirius shrugged. "Just anything to keep him out!" He exclaimed as he hurried away and around the corner.

"What's all the yelling about?" She jumped when she heard James' voice as he approached her. "Ah James..." She said, trying to act like she hadn't just jumped.

"Do you mind coming on a walk with me?" She asked him but he looked at her with confusion. "But it's rather late. Not to mention cold." He added.

"Aw, is James scared of the cold?" Asteria teased which made his eyebrows furrow. "Absolutely not!" He exclaimed back which made her chuckle.

"Come on." She said as she took his warm hand into hers and walked down the hallway and out into the courtyard.

They soon found themselves walking along the edge of the dark forest which surrounded the castle. "That forest scares me." Asteria said, her voice cutting the chilling silence of the night. "I don't know how you are able to go in there and gallop about at night." She added.

"Scaredy cat." James mocked which made her roll her eyes. But as she stepped on a twig, it snapped under her feet, making her jump up into his arms and wrap her arms around him.

James flinched before bursting out laughing at his frightened girlfriend. Suddenly, it began to rain. It began with a couple of raindrops landing on her cheeks but it soon became heavier so that their clothes were soaked through.

"It's no fair! I spent ages doing my hair!" James exclaimed which made her laugh as puddles formed around them. Asteria ruffled up his already messy hair before running away.

However he soon caught up with her and with a strong movement, he kicked a puddle in her direction. Asteria let out a small shriek which gave James the time to catch her.

His arms were wrapped around her waist, pulling her body into his to keep her warm. Asteria used her sleeves to dry her face before her dark eyes looked up into James', her arms wrapped around her neck.

Slowly they began to lean on until they felt the other's hot breath of their face. "Happy birthday James." She whispered over the heavy rain which poured down.

"I love you." He muttered with a small smirk. "I love you too." She replied before pushing herself up on her tiptoes to press her lips tightly against his.

But suddenly, the bell in the clock tower began to ring out loudly. They pulled away. "What time is it?" She asked him. James stayed silent as he listened to how many times the bell rang. "Half 7." He told her.

"Crap." She hissed before grabbing his hand and dragging him down the basement and into her dormitory. "Sit." She ordered, nodding in the direction of her bed. "I'm not a dog." He replied as she flung her wardrobe doors open.

"Shame. You look like a drowned one right now." She shrugged as he shook his head to dry his hair. She then pulled out a pair of loose jeans and a white cropped vest with the straps and a plunging chest line.

And whilst hiding behind the door, she got changed. "Why are you all dressed up?" James asked when she stepped out and inspected herself in front of the mirror. She was silent as she brushed through her hair.

"Why?" He asked again. This time she just shrugged. "Sirius?" He then asked with raised eyebrows. She slowly nodded which made him let out a sigh.
"But act surprised. I came prepared with clothes for you." Asteria said as she picked up a pile of clothes on her dresser and threw them at him.

But James put the clothes beside him on the bed and made his way towards Asteria with a smirk. He wrapped his arms around her, his head burying into her shoulders before placing a small kiss on her neck.

"Can't I just stay with my beautiful girlfriend for my birthday?" He asked with a glint of mischief in his eyes. "And make your best friend sad. Absolutely not." She quickly replied although her cheeks were red and James could see that.

"Now get changed." She ordered again. He snickered slightly as he walked over to the bed. Asteria then waited outside the dorm for James to get changed which seemed to take hours.

They then walked up to the Gryffindor common room. As they stood in front of the Fat Lady, they could hear the loud music inside which made James smirk.

The portrait suddenly swung open and Sirius stood at the other side smiling widely. "Surprise!" He shouted loudly. The common room behind him was filled with people and music and the floor was already covered in empty cans. "Oh my! I'm so shocked!" He monotonously exclaimed but Sirius didn't notice.

Asteria quickly elbowed his arm and glared at him for a moment before stepping into the common room.