Celebration

Next day I went for a walk when Adam was still asleep. I wanted to see the sunrise again. I didn't know why it gave me so much pleasure and calmness. It was almost like a miracle - being able to see the sun and the moon, just like in the past. It felt impossible only one year ago. And then it hit me. Exactly one year has passed from the moment we met each other. It's our anniversary today, if I can call it like that. I need to prepare something special for him to be able to celebrate this day properly. As I was sitting on a hill and watching the sunrise, I escaped to the thoughts of the past.

I saw the love of my life in front of me and couldn't help but smile. She smiled in reply. I tried to memorize her facial expression when she was doing this thing with her nose while smiling, but I wasn't able to recreate it, because I was always focusing on her eyes. No matter what she was doing, I always paid attention to those little galaxies above her nose. And now she's gone to one of them, and I live in the other. The only thing that helps me build the connection with her again is the sky. When I look at the stars, I imagine her looking at them too, just from the other side. But I deeply believe she sees them, and me too.

I remember one day she came to me in the morning, unexpectedly. She should have been at work that day, and I didn't know why she stayed in.

"I went to see the doctor. I needed to do some tests," she said, as I was waking up.

"What kind of tests? Is there something wrong?" I asked, afraid. I couldn't have loosened her.

"No, the exact opposite. Everything is completely fine. I am pregnant," she said and smiled.

To say that I was shocked is to say nothing. I couldn't believe my ears. I thought I was still dreaming, and that would make sense.

"Hello. Earth to Charley," she said and waved in front of my face.

"Oh my... It's amazing!" I took her in my arms and started to kiss her forehead and cheeks, and forehead and cheeks again, and I never wanted to let her go. She was laughing very loud and that sound was so warm that it still burns my heart when I think about it. Sometimes I still hear it in my dreams.