First Year

He wanted to make a good impression. It seemed like such a simple task, but to Harry it was crucial. After everything the Dursleys had said and done, it was important he fit in. Harry was in fact so focused on this, that he didn't notice the loud ginger family to his left. They were shouting about something, but it was much more important he found this platform 9 and 3/4. The family wasn't his problem.

After following a small girl with a very large brown owl, Harry discovered that the platform was strangely hidden within a wall, three quarters of the way between platforms 9 and 10. In an odd way it made sense, but he had little time to ponder. He ran onto the train, taking a seat in the first available carriage, next to several chatty young children in plain black robes. He felt rather odd in his over-sized clothes, and quickly changed, stepping over a toad as he walked towards the trains bathroom. It was strange to find a toad on a train, but he simply shrugged, walking away. It wasn't his problem.

After what felt like an age, Harry found himself standing within the grand halls of Hogwarts School. He was so entranced by its beauty that the words of the bushy-haired girl behind him faded away. He was more distracted when a musty old hat began to sing, and students walked up and we're sorted one by one. His name in particular received a strange reaction, more so when sorted into Slytherin. Apparently there was some stigma around the house, but there was nothing he could do now. It wasn't his problem.

His head of house didn't seem to like him, but Harry continued to study hard and ignore the man's comments. It wasn't his problem.

He'd eventually made friends with a small blonde boy named Draco. He was odd, and very stuck-up, but Harry ignored that. He had an essay due soon. Draco's attitude wasn't his problem.

Rumours were going around about some Gryffindors in the banned corridor. Draco had ranted for a while to him and Theodore, but Harry hadn't been paying attention. Gossip wasn't his problem.

Two students had died. It was all over the news, along with stories of some missing artifact. It was all very grim, and the headmaster particularly seemed affected by the news. No one was sure exactly how it had happened, but everyone agreed it was tragic. Beyond that, it wasn't their problem.