x | demon gang

TW; suicide, death, bad language

I was six years old when I first picked up a knife. I was playing in the courtyard of my apartment when I heard a loud scream and then silence.

When I entered my home there was a knife on the floor. A bloodied knife and beside it was my dead mother. She wasn't a good mom but she wasn't a bad one either. She cooked and got me clothes but left me for hours because her job was prostitution.

I was four years old when I first saw a dead body. I had an older sister that belonged only to my mother. Avery was her name, and she was 12 when she died.

She was a punching bag for her father. I didn't really know her and she was mean to me. There was one time she gave me some candies before going on our sixth-floor balcony.

That was the last time she gave me candies because she jumped off the balcony.

Back to my mother, she was laying in front of the stove because she was cooking. Only, the knife wasn't ours.

The police came and I overheard them talk. Turns out the knife wasn't a knife, it was a dagger that belonged to Demon Gang. A gang that had started ten years before I was born, and only grew right after it started.

They couldn't find my father or anyone alive on my mother's side. I went into the system, and I was transferred from Manhattan to Brooklyn. There, I was put in a group home. The foster family I was put in had a couple with 10 other foster kids. Out of all of the fucking homes to choose from I was put into that one.

Had no privacy whatsoever, the kids were annoying. So a year later I ran away, met another kid at a bus stop who he to told me he ran away. Marine Santiago, the same age as me.

Marine told me he ran away cause his parents are no good junkies that neglected him. Hence the words are no good. So we stuck together and eight years later everything fell into place or so we thought.

A man in the Demon Gang saw us and recruited us. He had his eye on us for a year, to see if we had ties with anyone else. A rival gang or cops.

Marine and I tried to stay away from that life, even though nothing was working for us without it either.

I was fifteen and had a first-grade reading level, and my writing skills sucked ass. The same goes for Marine, who was much more of a dumbass than I was.

The guy that brought us in, his name is Alex DeMarco. I'll never forget his name, even though his face never changed from that expressionless anything, he took care of us. Taught us to read and write, taught us how to do math and calculate.

Then he taught us the good stuff, how to steal, how to negotiate, how to fight, and then how to kill.

How could I be in the gang that killed my mother? I didn't even know why they did it. Until I caught a glimpse of the leader, people call him Rogue. I knew who he was, saw him a few times around the apartments I used to live in.

Rogue looked at me, he smirked before sending Alex a look, then he went on his merry way...

I was sixteen when Alex gave me a gun for my birthday. His friend, a higher up in the Demon Gang, who I saw around from time to time gave me a gift of his own.

It was a girl, older looking, and tied to my fucking bed. She looked dirty and therefore made my room dirty too.

Be a man, be a man they say, how about some fucking decency?

What shocked me was the girl, as I walked towards her I saw her face stained with tears.

She wasn't scared or tired, she was fucking excited.

She called me pretty boy and told me she was so happy that's she's going to please me.

She's a...whore.

Was this who my mother was when she would leave the house for hours? This trash is crying for sex and barely anything covering her body.

Disgusting.

I untied her and she almost pounced on me. Hit her head with my new gun and had Alex throw her out for me. Then I made Marine help me wash my sheets because I wasn't going to be sleeping in sex diseases.

Let's just say I gained a nickname from the lowlifes I lived with. Pussy, a wimp who can't do it. It can be anything, picking up a piece of shit with a stick. You can't do it? Pussy. Afraid to knock on the door and run away? Pussy. Can't fuck a whore? Pussy.

I lived with that nickname for two more years because the day after I turn eighteen...everything fell apart.

Alex recruited me and Marine to be warm bodies for the Demon Gang. How did I find that out?

It was a drug deal gone wrong, the little gang that me, Marine, Alex, and a few other guys were supposed to trade with. Turns out the little gang wasn't so little. In a flash, everyone whipped out their weapons and there was a shoot-out.

I was shot two times, one in the thigh and the other in the stomach. Marine, who was a few feet away from me, was shot in the arm. We both looked at Alex, the one person who taught us everything, and in his own way, cared for us.

Our eyes connected, now this is funny, he was always expressionless but Marine and I will always be able to tell what he's thinking. Alex was expressionless, and his eyes were stone cold empty, sending shivers down my spine. I didn't know a damn thing that went through this demon's head.

He was the first to break eye contact, he turned around and ran into the car. He left us for dead, that's what I felt like...dead.

I don't remember much about what happened, I passed out.

When I woke up there was an old woman patching up my wounds. I was dizzy and exhausted, turning my head I see Marine, eating pizza on the chair beside the bed I was laying on. He was shirtless and his forearm was wrapped in bandages. He looked up at me and the first thing this dumbass does was to offer a slice of cheese pizza to me.

Again, dumbass...he should know I hate cheese pizza. I at least need one topping on it.

The old woman was his grandma, a sweet woman who has a smile that could warm people's hearts. She couldn't warm mine up though, I felt too betrayed by Alex, I was injured and lost. The only person at my side was Marine. Lucky to have him I guess, he's the reason I didn't end up doing something insane.

After we got better we met up with an underground fighter, who let us in. Within two years, Marine and I fought ourselves to the top. We got a lot of money and made a lot of connections. The rivals to the Demon Gang. The leader was old, had no idea who to give his little empire to. Till he met me that is.

He taught Marine the importance of being in the business, the importance of hiding in the darkness. If a world is too bright and good there are bound to be ways people become wicked, ways unimaginable. In a good world with good people, why would there be governments and law enforcement?

He told us in order for the world to be balanced there has to be darkness in the world. Makes for order and organization.

The old man gave me his business, illegal racing, underground fighting rings, clubs, pimps, drugs, and guns. I owned everything. Still, the only person I trust is Marine. Together we made an empire, took over the little gangs that thought they can overrule us.

Now six years later, Marine and I are twenty-six. Wanted, and rich.

The Demon Gang started a war with us, and we left them half broke. They couldn't beat us. What pussies...

That's how I got on top, who exactly am I?

I'm the leader of the Central Mafia, the one man who grew to have a heart cold for everyone but a few. I'm Elijah Agios, who are you?

just a preview, not sure when to continue to write but i wanted to put this out there for now -
exiledreamer