第一章

------------

------------

Exhaustion rushed through his body after the long and bumpy ride. He reached for the handle of the door, a clicking sound being heard.

Pushing the door further, he stepped out of the old-fashioned taxi.

A few moments passed and the girl had remained inside, not dare moving a single inch.

"Are you planning on staying in there?" He asked. The girl sat as still as a statue, staring at her lap. A sweat bead rolled down her forehead, memories of that day flashing right before her.

"We don't have all day now. Come out." He spoke again, bringing her out of her daze. Flinching at his voice, she let out a shaky breath realizing they have reached their destination.

She looked around and out of the slightly frosted window, a heavy feeling in the stomach with the unfamiliar surroundings. She wiped her sweaty palms off on her kimono, trying to steady down her shaky breathing.

She hopped out of the backseat. Shivering as she felt the cold wind against her face, clutching her haori and scarf closer.

The man walked up to the driver's window, knocking on the glass. The driver opened the door as he handed him the payment of the ride.

The driver nodded his head, accepting the money.

As he shoved the money into his pant pocket, the driver felt a shiver go down his spine. His body tensed up, knowing that the bloody eyes of the man were watching each and every movement of his.

He turned on the engines hoping he'd just have a peaceful night and drove off.

The girl watched as the taxi drove off, the sounds of the rusty gears fading into the darkness.

Slightly gripping her kimono, she felt a heavy feeling in her chest. The streets were deserted, no one seen except the two.

She stared wide-eyed at the thin layer of snow that was upon the sidewalk, like how everything that day was covered in snow, blood staining the white. The screams echoing in her ears as her legs quivered.

"Are you awake?" Eyes averting back to the man, her eyes seemingly dull. His slited pupils narrowing at her, an irritated expression being displayed on his face.

"I asked, Are you awake?"

His question was only answered by silence.

She was the only survivor of the Kamado family and possibly his successor.
Afterall, the earring she had was proof about his essence still being there, telling him that even if centuries kept on passing by, he wouldn't escape him. His wrath, his desire to end him. The man's unanswered question which he pondered on echoing in his ears, his voice.

Clenching his fists he recalled what happened centuries ago, his veins popped out noticeably on his face.

The sound of the girl coughing interrupted his thoughts.