Alone in the Universe

Here I was, for the 63rd day in a row, visiting my family's grave stones. The sun was out with no clouds in the blue sky, but it felt like a grey day to me, again. It really had nothing to do with the day, just that all the people I loved and cared about were gone. I felt so alone, so unimportant. I put the flowers beside my mothers and fathers grave stone, blue daisies and sunflowers, my mums favourite. I sat down on the rusty park bench, where I always sat after placing the flowers. The same bouquet of flowers everyday. Everyday since my mother, father, grandparents, and brother and sister died. It was all because of some stupid guy. They say he was intoxicated, so it wasn't really his fault, but now my family is gone. And the only reason I wasn't there was because I had to go to my work on Easter.

My parents were taking everyone home because everyone drank a bit except for them. They were driving home when some dude bumped into them. My grandparents were killed on impact, my sister in the ambulance, my father during an operation, and my mother and brother 2 days later. I had no one to comfort me, no one to hold me or let me cry on their shoulder. I should have a friend, but I'm not much for friends. They always leave in the end. I learned that the hard way in grade school.

I lost my best friends all the time, and they never made an effort to come back to me or to apologize. But my family, they were always there for me. And nothing, no one, could ever stop them from being there to comfort me and support me. And now, there was no one. I didn't get any texts, no letters in the mail, and now, at the age of 25, I'm lost. I have no one to guide me, and this is a really important part of my life.

This is the time when I find a job, find someone to spend my life with. But now, life seemed worthless. Nothing to do, no one to see, no adventures to distract me. The only hope I had left was if I wasn't killed by some maniac who's always following me around. I couldn't trust anyone, because I know that in the end, I'll be all by myself. Hurt and alone. Because that's how it always is for me.

I look up from my hands to see that a man has walked up in front of my mothers and fathers grave stone. I wipe tears away from my eyes so that I can see the man more properly. After the blurriness from the tears is gone, I get some time to properly see the man and what he is doing.

He's wearing a brown pin stripe suit, white sand shoes, and hair that sticks up at the front. Amazing hair thats sticking up from the front. But he shouldn't be here, no one ever comes here. I don't even think I have relatives left in this country. He's looking at the writing on my mothers grave stone. I look up at it and read it for the 100th time.

Felicity Carla Dunes,

Mother, wife and daughter of a fabulous family. She wishes the best for her daughter Leyna, and hopes that she knows that her mother will always be there for her.

After I finished reading it, I started crying again. I kept picturing her in my mind. Same red-.brown hair as me, same chocolate brown eyes, same hour glass figure. I kept picturing the paper she gave me before she died. On the paper she gave me before she died, that's what it said. She wanted that to be on her grave stone, so that I would know that she's always with me. Though, it's really hard to have someone there for you when they're not actually there for you.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and see that the man is now sitting beside me, spinning a blue daisy between his forefinger and thumb. I wanted to scream at him, to yell at him for taking one of my mothers flowers, but then I'd be acting like a child.

"Sorry, I don't recognize you from anywhere. Do you know my mum?" I asked the man. I know I shouldn't be talking up a conversation with a stranger, but I haven't really talked to anyone in 63 days and it's time I did.

"Your mum? Yes. I know her very well. But I don't really know you", and he glared at me like a mad man. I was getting really nervous, but that didn't stop my curiosity, because this time, there was no one to get me into trouble.