~Chapter One~

Over the decades,successive literary and cinematic offerings have gradually bastardised the original interpretation of a vampire from that of a terrifying and murderous monster,into a kind of romanticised caricature,but the reality behind the concept of vampirism is far removed from the fantasy,borne out of a flurry of brutal and truly horrifying murders.
For decades,centuries werewolves had always been a foe to peckish blood suckers.It was total chaos,to describe it as apocalyptic would be accurate.Mysterious,unexplained and brutal deaths had fluctuated over the years. Gripping society with fear and anxiety.The attacks were like a flurry,fast,unexpected and indeed deadly.There was never a flux of the attacks,it was just a cold lifeless body,with a inhumane bite mark to the neck.Some individuals considered it folly others thought otherwise and barricaded their doors and windows with huge,heavy planks and a numerous amount of locks.Young children missed out on their childhoods...never allowed to go outdoors, never been able to experience the extraordinary features of nature.All the missing cases,all the unfortunate murders and all the continuous anxiety kept the entire Serendipity town in a lockdown of fear.

A chilly Wednesday evening, a night time patrolling ranger walking across the huge field came across a spine chilling discovery that frightened the man greatly. Multiply animals laying dead on the field with absolutely no signs of in injury.As his eyes wandered around there were bucks, large deer and even a lion laid deceased on the grass patches, leaving the ranger utterly shocked and in complete confusion. He was overly tired to attempt an investigation and decided to let the matter rest at the back of his mind. Over the course of several days the same scene occurred, but this particular time he decided to examine the animals and perhaps find the source that was responsible for the mysterious deaths. He jumped into his Safari van after strapping his rifle securely to his back, feeling a bit protected.He drove towards the other discovered deceased animals, stepping out he shielded his nose from the gruesome stench. He walked around and thereafter flipped over a medium sized deer, flys and magots everywhere causing him to grimace.Examining the deer he found no traces of blood or wounds until he reach the neck. His eyes laid upon two miniature, almost invisible puncher holes. He creased his eyebrows in confusion and strode over to another animal, finding the same tiny wounds but at different locations of the body. Certain animals had wounds to their legs and stomach, but majority were wounded on their neck. He proceeded to called the other rangers to witness his mysterious discovery. They were equally as shocked and confused as him, some even terrified.
One of the rangers suggested to set up cameras, and to abandon sleep to guard and get to the bottom of the problem. They all agreed, setting up cameras and preparing for a night of no sleep. They waited for a few hours, cold wind blowing in their faces, the weather boisterous and gloomy. Rustling in the nearby bushes caught the undivided attention of the rangers. They pointed their high powered rifles in the direction of the rustling bushes and got ready to fire at any potential threat. The rustling had stopped and the rangers had calmed down a bit. After a few seconds of silence  something darted in the bushes heading towards the campsite where the cameras had been set up. The rangers bolted towards it hoping to come across something, but to no avail all their found was another dead deer gasping for air, looking terrified as it took it's last breath. They quickly checked the cameras and to their surprise something had been shown. What they had witnessed on the camera had them speechless and in utter shock. A human like figure pounced on the deer, overpowering it with ease. It sank it's teeth into the deer's neck, taking it down to the ground, the deer never opposing. They stared at each other in absolute horror as a human shaped shadow came closer to the tent, within seconds the murder rate of the town had been raised by a "mysterious" circumstance.

Four adventurous teenagers took a hiking trip in the large, beautiful woods of Serendipity town. After sometime they stumbled across the most unique camping spot, setting up their tents, getting an amazing but scary view of the huge lake. They talked until night approached, and decided to get their sleeping bags. Jordan, the eldest male in the group told Clinton, Selina and tiara to stay back and he would go and get the sleeping bags. They were all grateful at his offer, the four teenagers entered the tent, layering themselves with clothing to face to the cold, icy weather. Jordan walked carefully on the ground, twigs and thin branches crushing under his weight. Finally reaching the van, Jordan grabbed the sleeping bags and a began walking back to the group. After a few minutes of walking he felt tired and decided upon sitting down on a nearby rock to catch his breath. He placed the sleeping bags on the ground and seated himself on the rock. He inhaled in the fresh evening air, appreciating the view of the lake, the water moving slightly. His eyes wandered across the lake, deciding that night will approach he got up ready to head back to the group, but what he saw stopped him dead in his tracks. Across the lake stood a human like figure, expect it was extremely skinny and had the most pale skin Jordan had ever seen. He made eye contact with the creature, it's eyes hollow and scary, with gleaming red eyes. He was to hypnotized in the creature's glowing red eyes to realise it was sprintng at great speed across the lake, heading towards him. Fear and panic fueled him, he snapped out of daze mustering all his energy he ran dissipating the wet, tall trees. The mysterious creature chased him, he soon became tired of running. His limps sore and his lungs craving for a long,fresh breath of air. He plummeted behind a rock, breathing rapidly. He placed a hand over his mouth to stop any sounds from escaping, he felt as though his heart was about to explode out of his chest. He heard the creature near him, it looked more like a human but sniffed like a hungry predator. He closed his eyes, hoping, praying for him to survive. A not so good idea came to Jordan's mind,to make a run for Clinton's truck and get himself armed and protected with Clinton's illegally owned shotgun. His heart filled with a mild relief as the human like creature walked away from the rock that was protecting him.He got up, gathering his senses he made a run for it. His legs took control of him,adrenaline pumping through his body. He felt something running after him, but he never dared to look back. Finally, his feet carried him to the truck. He still had not looked back, afraid of what his eyes might discover. He frantically pulled the door knob of the truck, cussing loudly as it failed to open. He made a tight fist, breaking the back window, his fist now pouring out blood but he had not felt any pain,the adrenaline overpowering him. He stuck his hand in, successfully grabbing the gun and turning around. His body shook and had gotten drenched with perspiration within seconds of standing still. His eyes searched among the trees a countless amount of times until his eyes meet the human like figure, his heart sank, the ball in his throat growing rapidly. He got ready to fire, steadying his position. He cocked the huge,heavy shotgun and shot at the creature unfortunately missing and the bullet had got embedded in the tree. This caused the creature to run off at great speed. It ran on two legs like a human, but speed like an animal.