A Killer Look

"On breaking news today, two men have succumbed as a result of gruesome torture and what the police term as the work of a sadist. We have reason to believe that these murders are connected to the previous one that occurred last month and caused quite a stir in Bristol. Due to the graphic traits of the killings, the men of order have refused to reveal any other information to the public. Although its mere speculation, we are afraid to say that there might be a serial killer on the loose. The police have, of course assured us that soon enough this barbaric monster shall be in custody. We don't know that for fact but we'll put our faith in them. Locals are advised to stay safe and watch out for any killer looks. More on this later, I'm Tayana Hailey and this is The Daily News."

The people at the club stared quietly as the news flash ended, it was extremely silent until a drunk man started laughing.

"I think I have a killer look." He laughed as the rest joined in.

The lady bartender was the only implicit one. She silently went ahead and served two more shots of blue ice vodka to the two men seated next to the bar counter. Both of them were  talking about the murder cases and she couldn't help but linger closely, curious with what they had in mind.

"If this is a serial killer, then this city is in mad trouble. Heard of how the first victim was killed?" One of them asked his mate as he received his shot and nodded amiably to the bartender.

"Sick!... Yes, I bloody did!... I heard he was burnt alive and that is after all his fucking organs were ripped off."

"I know right? And the body was fixed into a stick and hanged beneath a huge fire, like a bonfire. Boy was literally roasted."

"Jesus! It's as if the killer made a barbecue out of him. This is some American Jeffrey Dahmer shit, eeh? " the friend concluded as they toasted and gulped the shots down.

The lady smiled as she walked away from them. The thrill of being compared to a world-famous killer overtook the anger she had felt for the past two days.

'Did they just say barbaric monster, they should have left it at sadist. Pfft, I am merely cleansing the world of its pestilent scumbags. They should be thanking me.' She rolled her eyes and softly cussed.

She resumed serving orders.