Chapter 15

The next morning, they decided to simply skip the 2 car thing, when driving over to the set from his house. Jen was in the passenger seat, and while he was holding her hand, David reminisced in the memories of the previous night, where they had gone on their first date, then he had shown her the new house. He still was over the moon that she loved it at much as he did and that she saw the potential in it, too. They had drunken some beer in the middle of the empty living room, before they had made love in what was to be their new home on the blanket he had brought. Afterwards, they went home and had shared another round of sex before falling into the most comfortable and happy sleep. He still could not believe how lucky he was. He parked the car on set and they got out, prepared for them to go to their respective dressing rooms to read the script for what would be the season finale.

When they headed inside, they ran into one of the production assistants, who waved at them.

"Hey you two! Marta and David were searching for both of you earlier, maybe go find them in the production room!"

He was a bit confused by that, because that rarely happened. Did they have a special storyline planned for Ross and Rachel that was not to be expected? Jen looked about as confused as he himself, so to save them both the headache, they headed for the facility the assistant had mentioned immediately. They found Marta, David and Kevin at the table, engaged into a lively discussion, all of them wearing slightly shocked faces.

"Hey guys, we heard you were trying to find us?", he asked.

"Come sit", Kevin motioned them towards two free seats at the table. When they sat down, Marta pushed a newspaper over the table. When his eyes landed on the page that was on top, he was shocked to see pictures of Jen and him, first cozy on the restaurant terrace, then close to each other, walking in the park arm in arm. In one pic, he had his arm slung around her shoulder and was kissing her hair.

When he looked at Jen, she looked just as shocked as he was.

"Why didn't you guys just say anything? ", Marta asked in a slightly hurt tone, "we thought we had created a friendly and trustful work environment here?"

It seemed like the question whether or not this was something genuine never occured to her, as she knew both of them well.

David looked at their three series creators before he began to explain: "You know, back in season 1, Jimmy pulled me to the side after he realized the chemistry between the two of us, and lectured me on how you don't hook up with your co-star, and apparently, he did the same with Jen. We both concluded that a relationship between the two of us would not be accepted. So we tried to fight it and channel it into the characters. That worked for a while, but... and when it happened, we decided to keep it quiet not to cause a fuss..."

David Crane looked at them, and asked: "So this has been going o for a while?" He asked, "is it serious?"

"I just bought a house, we are planning to live there together", he stated matter of factly.

"You know, I have known Jimmy for quite a while", Kevin explained, "and I think what he wanted to warn you about was to not just hook up with each other for fun. Have sex and then never call each other. Something like that rarely ends well and it can ruin the show. Jimmy is a nice guy and so are the 3 of us, and if you seriously fall in love with each other, we would never deny you that love. Jimmy just wanted to make sure you were aware of that before you acted on it, to be mindful about it. I think I speak on everyone's behalf when I say that we actually all saw this coming. And that we want all of you to be happy, and if it is with each other, that is OK of course. We just like to know up what is up on set. It would be nice to at least get the basic facts in a trusted work environment."

"We are aware of that now, and we are sorry that we did not come to you earlier.", Jen said, "and thanks for the well wishes. It means the world to us."

They hugged the 3 of them, promised to share any further important facts about their situation in time, before they excused themselves. When they were out the door, he landed his arm on Jens shoulder and said: "I told you we would be fine. It's all good. I love you so much!"

"Yes, I am sorry that I was so anxious at the beginning.", Jen replied, "I love you, too."

In that moment, Jen's phone began to vibrate. They stopped in their tracks, and Jen picked up. She had a short chat with the person on the other end. When she hung up, a broad smile spread across her face.

"What was that about?", he asked curiously.

"That was the director of the movie. We got greenlit. I'll be headed for New York in 3 weeks to shoot.", she said before hugging him closely.

He kissed her, then swirled her around into the air and then said:

"I could not be happier for you, thats fantastic!!! I just have one question..."

"What is it?, she asked.

"Will you be back in New York in July?"

"We are scheduled to finish at the end of June, even if we have a delay, that should not be a problem. Why?"

"Go to the premiere with me. I love you and I want to show you off.", he smiled, hugging her around the waist.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled: "I love you, too. And I would love to come."

They smiled at eachother, before joining their lips into a happy kiss. For everybody to see. They had a brilliant future ahead of them that they could not wait to share with eachother.

AN: this was the last regular chapter. I actually came up with 2 points in time to end this, the first one being this, the second one posing as the most satisfying epilogue that will be up tomorrow. Stay tuned!!!