This Word

"Takuya? Baby, don't you want to take a break?" Asked Mai, and put a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"One last round of practice. Everything has to be perfect before I can play it for you. Please?" 

He put on the most cutest face he could think of. 

Takuya knew that she couldn't resist his puppy eyes set on her.

She laughed heartily and pinched his cheek. "Of course, my little rockstar."

He got taken aback by the word 'little'. "I'm not little! I'm a big man!", he protested, pouting.

Again, she giggled, her long, chocolate brown hair moving with her, as she took a step back in her beautiful purple dress.

He took in her stunning beauty and got up from his seat, laid his guitar on the side, and swiped her off the ground, carrying her the same way he carried her after their wonderful wedding.

They looked in each other's eyes, saying everything without any words leaving their mouths.

"I love you, Mai." Takuya put her down gently, cupping her small face in his hands.

He came closer to her, and as she waited for his kiss, he put his nose on hers rubbing it lovingly.

Instead of her giggling away, he heard her sob quietly in his arms.

"Hey, I'll be back soon. And that's a promise!", he said, looking into her dark brown eyes, filled with sadness.

"I don't want you to leave for the tour... I wanted to celebrate your birthday here, with me."

She snuggled against me, her arms locked around me as she rested her chin on my chest and looked up.

"Nooo don't look at me from this angle! I look like a monkey."

Takuya watched how both her corners of the mouth rose up into the perfect smile with which he fell in love.

"Have I ever told you how angelic you look when you smile?"

"About five times each day."

She didn't bother how he always told her how pretty she looked without any makeup on, or how beautiful her voice sounded when she was sleepy.

On the contrary, Mai enjoyed the love she received from Takuya.

In her youth, she had to struggle by herself, whether it was school, job, or life, it was never easy for her.

Everything changed when she met Takuya.

The two sparked straight away and after a while started dating.

She didn't care if he was a successful singer, she didn't love him for his fortune, she loved him for the person he was and is.

And now, 3 years after they first met, they said yes and moved in together.

Their wedding took place on a beach surrounded by bright roses that made their wedding even more magical.

Their marriage was perfect if it weren't for the problem of keeping their marriage secret.

Takuya knew that it wasn't a good idea if you were stalked by others or if you followed news reporters.

So he decided to only take off his ring if he was performing with his band somewhere.

This made Mai a little nervous.

Everyone will think he is still single and may wonder why no woman would want him?

"These are worries, my dear. As long as I stand here in front of you, I swear to you to protect you from everything and to always carry you in my heart during a tour." Takuya always said so as not to unsettle or even scare her away.

He loved her dearly and would give anything to see her happy.

This is why the plan of keeping it secret was his first option.

It was the only safe way.