The bridge

Fox and I were sitting on the bridge watching the sunrise. This was the first time in weeks that I had felt safe. After everything going on lately that type of moments were rare.

I felt his breath on my shoulder and I looked over to his side. Fox was staring at me with his hazel eyes that I could get lost in. I smiled and looked away again.

I wanted this moment to last forever, but I know it couldn't.

You see there is something that you need to know. Dark Static or better known as Fox Levine was seen as the villain in our town, and I was seen as the hero. But the thing was, he wasn't a villain at all, he was misunderstood just like most of us are sometimes. Despite all the things that were said about him, I still loved him.

We didn't see each other as supers, we saw each other as the person behind the mask, the person no one else knew. We understood each other and it felt like I finally found the missing peace of my puzzle.

As always, it couldn't be all sunshine and rainbows, sometimes they have to make place for clouds, dark clouds.

That moment was right now.

Although it felt like all my worries were gone at that moment, the battle was still on.

The battle between the mayor and supers against Dark Static and I. The supers felt like I betrayed them, but they didn't know what was really going on in Capitol city. Lost in thoughts I tried to get back to reality.

I felt Fox' breathing getting slower like he was falling asleep. He needed it so bad so I let him, watching everything around us to make sure he was save. I knew he could never be save, but still. My eyes started drifting away and I tried to fight against the tiredness that had been caused by many sleepless nights. I needed to stay awake and most important, stay alert for danger. Fox' breathing started to get heavier. I instantly looked over to him and saw him laying there peacefully but also restless. Then all of a sudden, a storm started to form in the sky. I remember thinking to myself that he was causing the storm.

He was still breathing heavily and seemed to be in pain. His eyes were squeezed together,  his hands were clenched together around his stomach just like you do when you have a stomach ache.

The storm seemed to get worse but Fox didn't wake up, now I was sure that he was causing it. I placed my hand on his forehead and I tried to wake him up. It didn't work,
instead he mumbled something that sounded something like
"No Maddy don't please, for me."
I really needed for him to wake up now. I screamed his name and finally, he woke up. He opened his teary eyes and when they met mine, all I could see was pain. I hugged him and tried to calm him down by saying that everything was alright, and with that, the storm finally calmed down.

By saying that to him I told my first lie of the evening. Nothing was alright, but he knew that too.

He stood up and I knew what he meant. It was time for us to leave the bridge, time to end this peaceful moment and start our fight. I got up and took his hand. He pulled me closer and put his hand around my waist, "Hold on tight." He whispered and flew away with me in his arms.

It was a disadvantage that I couldn't fly, it made us move slower and that wasn't something that we needed right now.

We arrived at the Levines house and got in trough his bedroom window. I opened his closet and took out our suits. The spandex was still dirty from last night, but clothes didn't matter right now.

I walked to the mirror to put on my mask when Fox was already adjusting it for me.

"What would you do without me." He laughed
but I could see in his eyes that he was scared. "Are you ready?" I asked him.

"I was born ready" He said. Man I loved him. That was why I needed to protect him, always and forever. There was a fight going on between the good and the bad, the only thing that wasn't clear for many people who was on which side.