Chapter 27

Manohar looked at the people in front of him and none of them had any emotion of welcomeness on their faces, not even his daughters.

He knew they were disgusted about the fact that they were the product of his infidelity and hated him but he thought a few days away from him will ease their resentment against him but he was dead wrong and the disgust on their faces was enough proof that he will never gain their respect again for the rest of his life.

"What are you two doing here? " Tara exclaimed in anger and disgust and Manohar bowed his head but Tanu famed in anger hearing her.

"Tara, Enough ...... That is not how to speak to your father. " She reprimanded and Tara scoffed and Mansi moved closer to Tara.

"So how exactly should we speak to a man like him. " Mansi cried out as his eyes shimmered with unshed tears. "Our whole life we thought he was a just man and like a fool, we believed you were a just and honest man but you a fraud. "

The tears Mansi was holding back spilt and it broke Manohar's heart seeing his daughters like this.

"I don't know what she might have done for you to cheat and have another family but there is something called divorce if you don't live here anymore but you chose to cheat and we will always be a symbol of your infidelity. " Tara cried out.

"Am so sorry... I know no amount of apology will make up for what I did but I assure you I didn't mean it...... By the time I knew, it was too late. " Manohar defended.

"Did you love her? " Ruhi asked confusing Manohar. "I mean did your first wife? "

"As unbelievable as it may be I do love her. " Manohar confessed sincerely making Tanu fume at the humiliation. "She was the sweetest and kindest woman you will ever meet but I didn't protect from my mother's taunts...... For the first seven years of our marriage, she was the most patient woman I have ever met and always endured my mother's taunts about her being a gold digger and not good enough for me...... When I started my business which started booming and making more money, the taunts got worse and I know it was what triggered her to be the way she is now..... After all, she wasn't a gold digger but she was called one so she better be one and to her, I guess it will hurt less being what she was said to be...... She always seemed for maa's approval too and that was why she abandoned Akash and focused her time, love and energy on Anjali who was Maa's favourite...... I know what I did was wrong and I can't turn back time....... But believe me, my relationship with Tanu may have been a mistake but the three of you are not. "

The girls and most of them in the room were pissed at his audacity to call his relationship with Tanu a mistake.

"Papa..... Point of correction, your relationship with Amma is a sin and we are a product of it. " Tara yelled and Manohar shook his head as tears cascaded down his cheeks" So stop sugar coating the truth because we are not kids to fall for it...... I am twenty years old, Mansi is twenty-three and Ruhi is twenty-one, so stop treating us like children because we are not...... Because of you, I feel so sick with the kind of love Khushiji, Payalji and her friends are giving us...... Akash who is supposed to hate us is always calling to check up on us and ASR and Amanji may not like us openly but we know they care for us and it makes me sick knowing how I was born. " Tara cried out and Mansi hugged her as tears also streamed down her eyes seeing her baby sister broken and hurt.

Everyone excluding Tanu felt sorry for the girls but we're amazed by their maturity and how they are confronting Manohar who was sugar-coating everything to ease his conscience.