Life on the edge

A note from the author:
This is my first ever story on this app and I hope people enjoy it, this story isn't written on or about a real person. I hope this doesn't offend anybody and please enjoy.

This story is based on real events and contains mentions of gore, death, strong emotions, strong religious themes

February 4th
I hope your okay dad, it's been a while since I've seen you after you left to London to get food for us. Lately people in the village have been coughing a lot more then usual and some even lay dormant in the streets their skin as pale as a ghost while others watch over them crying. Mom is starting to worry about you as your the only person who hasn't returned from the last London expedition, mom says I should avoid the sick people just in case I catch it too but I'm not that worried I think she's just paranoid as always.

October 13th
Church is finally over, mom is making me go because a few weeks ago a bunch of sickly men were marched through the town while getting whipped brutally because they were sinners. I saw all the blood on their backs from where the whips had been pounding, some were laying on the floor after dropping like trees due to loss of blood from their backs and mouths. Now people are dropping faster then before and they are now drowning in their own blood like a bunch of pail red stained corpse which now litter the streets with other ill people. Doctors are almost everywhere trying to cure people but with no hope, the preachers walk through the town calling out the names of those who've died to prove how deadly this disease is. Every morning I hope I don't hear my fathers name as he's still missing but I don't want to think of the worst before I know what actually happened.

December 25th
Who knew Christmas day would be the worst day in the past year after the ships arrived with a half dead crew and spread 'it' everywhere, I'm terrified to step outside now as I don't want to get sick because now people are growing massive boils as they refer to them as all over their bodies which pop and ooze blood and pus everywhere. You can hear the excruciating screams coming from someone in the town from the pain, doctors have been trying to find a cure and have concluded a few different ones like rubbing onions and cut up snake and pigeons on the infected areas. I hope this is working because as I walk through the town all I can smell is rotting corpses and vomit which makes me feel sick in the stomach.