LETTERS XXIV

27.03.1981

Dear James,

Happy birthday.

This is my last letter to you probably.

I will write everything in this letter which I couldnt say in person to you.

I have been in love with you ever since I met you. You and I both, eleven years old bumped into each other on the train I yelled at you for being careless and your stupid ass winked at me flirtatiously.

That was before you found Lily.

But I didnt know why I immediately fell for you, I still laugh at how stupid I was. I didnt even think once for doing this stupidity of falling in love with you that I am still not out of it, probably never will.

I should have know my stupid fantasy of being loved back by you wont be real ever, and still I continued to wound my self by falling for you harder every passing day.

I knew you'd never even like me because I was a slytherin, I knew I'd never have you as mine, I knew I was destined to be alone and unloved, and now I know my time has come.

I am going to surrender James, they will end me. I'll be free.

I'll be free from this world James, and I'll be waiting for you in another world where I will surely have you. I'll fight until I win you because this time I will do it right James.

I'll fight, wound myself, fall but I'll never stop until I have you as mine. This time my story will get its favourite ending. An ending where it would be just you and me.

An ending where I will get loved back, An ending where I will have a family, An ending where I will grow old happily, An ending where I will not be alone.

I'll be waiting for you James, however long it takes.

And this time I'll tell you myself that I love you James Potter.

Adelaide Greengrass,
The girl who died loving you.