Chapter 3:Part 2

Devi braces herself. She stands outside under some shading tree, the day bright and sunny, and she spots Zoey and Shira by the hot pocket with one other of their friends. It had still been early, just before the school bell, and it had suprised Devi that they had been there… huddled together… gossiping and giggling continuously about something or someone maybe… possibly gossiping about something that had happened the night before at Trent's party… but either way she were almost certain she wouldnt be enjoying joining in on their conversation.
Zoey flips her long perfectly shiny soft hair to the side and then back, when her eyes curiously catch Devi's by chance as Devi gazes back from afar. Devi raises a smile, which is not returned.
So, she squares her shoulders in preparation, taking in a deep breath, preparing herself to make her way to them… and she reminds herself to be confident… to try her best.
As she begins to wonder over toward the pair, she spots Paxton on the other side… also finding his way toward the girls, along with Trent who tags along beside him. Devi can feel her heart begin to race.
Paxton always made her heart race… but this wasnt the same… this palpitation of her heart were different… she was nervous in a different kind of way. It was pressure… all this built up pressure she had felt to fit in… well, it were more than Devi had expected she would need to put in… more effort when the kids of the hot pocket had already made up their mind about who she was without knowing her really… that were different… it were like being the odd one out in a group and trying her hardest just to get herself to blend in… and meet their expectations… of her. It were draining enough… she would need everything to try her hardest every day just to be someone they would accept in their group… and so, she could please them.
Paxton captures a glimpse of Devi as she awkwardly walks down toward her new friends.
But as she is still making her way toward them, she captures that heart melting smoulder Paxton is so famous for with the girls, rolling over his lips as Devi's eyes lock with his… and her knees bend, succumbing to her weakness for his smile… almost loosing herself balance as she proceeds to stumble the rest of the way over toward the girls.
Yes, he were attractive as hell… but this were definitely one thing Devi found hard… coming to terms with the fact that she could let him make herself feel so weak around him… especially like this…
Zoey sniggers, her face contorts into a bitter smirk.
“How typical of loserish behaviour, Devi.” Her tone mocking and cutting, but she playfully winks. Shira erupts into a high-pitched cackle, and Devi’s brows wrinkle at her with annoyance.
Devi then watches on awkwardly as the two girls exchange looks, as though they had some inside joke between the two. Devi's cheeks fill red, that awkward smile still remain plastered to her face as Paxton and Trent arrive.
“What’s so funny?” Paxton questions as he comes to a stop in front of the girls. Trent chuckles, sharing in on the humour before he knew what it was.
“Your…” Zoey's eyes dart up and down on Devi. “Girlfriend? I think she may need to re-learn how to walk.”
Paxton's face drops as his eyes dart from Devi to Zoey and back, but before his able to utter anything back, Devi already steps in, her anger surging, getting the better of her.
“Listen, I know how to walk, I’m not a klutz.”
“Yeah, sure.” Zoey sniggers again.
“Klutz…” Trent laughs. “Isn’t that a word nerds use?.”
“Yeah, Paxton. What… are we all just supposed to start dating nerds now?” Shira questions mockingly, letting out another cackle.
“W-what?” Paxton stammers, speechless. “Didnt you date that guy… the nerd from the UN team?”
Shira gazes at him confused, as though she were trying to search her memory and remember. “Ben.” Paxton reminds her with a sigh, clarifying it to her.
“Oh yeah.” She laughs. “Why did I even do that?” 
Devi can feel her heart race, irritably. She doesn’t think she can hold it in-
“Because his a good person?” Devi gasps in disbelief, unable to hold it in, wanting nothing more than to interrupt this conversation and hopefully end it. Paxton sweeps his gaze to her, his lips twist into a concerned smile. 
“But… is he really a good person, though?” Paxton questions back, his eyes swimming with something in them that seemed to wonder over her. Devi pinches her lips angrily as she watches him back annoyed. 
“Ben is not a bad person.” 
Paxton rolls his eyes, also becoming somewhat irritated.
“Is that why you pushed him at Trent's party?” Paxton scoffs, annoyed.
Devi's eyes widen at that. Marcus must of told him…
“I was just saying-"
“Why are we even talking about him anyway. His really just nobody-”
And oh no… this sets her off-
“Like me. You know… before you started dating me?”
“Devi. You know that’s not what I was even saying-”
“No. But it is what your saying.” Devi hisses, realising her temper were creeping up on her again. She breaths, noticing the way Zoey, Shira and Trent were looking at her now. She needs to get away before they see her snap… yet again… “Listen, I’ll catch up with you all later, I just remembered I was supposed to help Fab and Eleanor with something-” she awkwardly says, knowing they were barely even listening and wouldnt even care, their bored looks saying everything she needed to know and she stops mid sentence as the girls go back onto their phones. She turns, brackets her lips, trying to contain her embarrassment as she walks away. Her steps turn to a quick dash and as she reaches a corner further away, she turns it abruptly, bumping her shoulder against someone else, making them spin and come to an sudden stop.
“What the hell! David, watch were your going, will you.” He snaps, and Devi's eyes lift up to see Ben standing there. His irritated look quickly morphs to a worried look as he catches the look on her face. “Shit… what’s wrong?”
He could see the fluster of red on her face grow, and her eyes begin to glaze with what had looked like unshed tears.
“Nothing, Gross. Mind your own business.”
But she notices that he continues to follow her, even if she tries quickly to walk away.
“Devi?”
“Nothing. Go away.”
“What’s wrong?” He tries again, his tone laced with worry.
She stops this time, angered when she suddenly turns to him.
“What does it matter?!” She snaps. “Question should be, why are you being an ass to me? What have I done wrong? Why have you been icying me out, or acting as though you hate me- acting as though Im the last person you want to see-" she stops herself trying to breath, her face reddening even more and her heart racing. She cant seem to catch a break, she thinks bitterly to herself.
When her gaze comes up to meet Ben's eyes, he… surprisingly seemed froozen… his face becoming stiff and his eyes slowly becoming laced with some sort of hurt… a pain in his eyes she couldn’t seem to work out… they hold something deep in them and she can’t seem to read him…
She didn’t know what he wanted to say… and he staggers for words, his mouth opening and then closing with hesitancy... he doesnt seem to know what he wanted to come out…
Devi notices as his cheeks become flustered then. But he just stands there, hands shoved deep into his pockets, seeming overtly guarded with his shoulders hunched…
He could tell her everything… or nothing at all… but even so, he wasn’t sure he were even capable of even uttering out a word, his mouth so dry…
He can’t seem to find the confidence to let his words out… and he just stands there watching her as her face flushes with disappointment. The anguish he holds in… well, it were alot… and he weren’t the least bit sure it came out in the way he were gazing at her right now… her eyes gaze back at him with… with… with everything he loved about her…swirling brightly with intrigue… curiosity… they sparkled, they wait on him…
But quickly they change and they pin together with anger.
“God, Ben, you know… you want to hear you win, that I'm ‘not good’ enough for Paxton, that Paxton will find out that I am an actual loser like you said-”
“No-” he breaths, desparately trying to gather back his ability to put his words together. “Your the exact opposite, Devi.” He says firmly.
Devi stops… unsure she had heard him right.
Ben watches her, his expression becoming serious… his tone, his stance stern. "Your more than that, Devi.” His voice comes out more thick, and he clears his throat to go on. “Your more than you realise. And your way out of Paxton's league, you should have always known that… because you have always been more than him. When will you open your eyes and realise that? He doesnt compare-” he continues before he stops himself as he observes how her eyes widen to what he had been saying… interrupting his train of thoughts. His mouth stumbles for words as she continues to watch him like all the air had been ripped away from her lungs. “A-and a-and-” he swallows, feeling his throat tighten, feeling his mouth dry, feeling his head swirl at the way her gaze almost scares him… almost stops all his thoughts in its track.
With the heavy tension that clinges tightly to air that surround them, Devi stands there froozen, also bringing Ben to a stand still.
He licks his dry lips, fidgets with his hands, shifting on his feet, wondering if he should continue… wondering if he should go on, because he had alot more to say… but his mind couldnt seem to come up with the words that would make them coherent if they were to be spoken-
And his racing heart and racing thoughts come to a dramatic stop as he is cut off when she leans in suddenly, her lips pressing gently, caressed to his skin lightly with a soft kiss to his warmed flustered cheek… too close to his lips… to close to his mouth his mind couldnt leave the thought alone… it leaves his skin wanting more… and his whole body erupts with tingles… rushing around in his veins, electrifying his every senses all at once as they leave him feeling him as all the sensation running loose… and wanting to explode at his brain. He holds back with every urge not to cup her cheek… every urge… not to bring her back to him. He tries with ever urge… he does… but he thinks his failing… failing terribly… and as she is taking her step back he takes the chance and moves in, sliding his hand suddenly to her cheek firmly but gently at the same time, drawing her cheek back to him… bringing his lips to meet hers. He crashes his lips to hers, the temptation being too much, too real, too strong… he lets them gently brush against each other lightly… making his heart explode…
And then his suprised when she reciprocates, opening her mouth to kiss him back… gently… but her kiss so poured with emotion he thinks he cant think. His eyes softly flicker up to meet hers, meeting them… wanting to gaze into them…wondering what they held…
The way her eyes hold so much, the way they glitter like the night sky… his sure he will loose himself… he wants nothing more than to kiss her back more tenderly, more passionately… holding nothing back and he begins to pick up his pace… to hope that she would clinge back… and would let him kiss her until all her breath belonged to him… for as long as he could hold on… and he lets his fingers slide into her hair… and feel her soft hair between his fingers like he had felt before… and cup her so gently there, letting his nerves ignite, letting his body burn for her…
But his thoughts suddenly cut off when she suddenly takes a step back… and his shocked when he notices the painful confusion swirling in her eyes…
It were obvious… evident… Devi did not know what to make of what had just happened… what to make of this… and neither had Ben… of what just happened between the both…
She watches him for a couple of seconds, wanting to say something… but nothing… she can’t say a thing. And so she turns and pretends like nothing happened, rushing away as she hears the bell.
Devi's heart thumps heavily…What had just happened?! How did she just let Ben do that… let alone let herself?! And… what about Paxton?!
Her life literally felt like it were succumbing to shambles. Were she ready to tell Paxton… well honestly… the answer was no…

☆------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys! New update, hope I did it ok! I will read over and check again on this part real quick just cause I posted it really quickly. My next part may take a few days as this week I may have more on, but can't wait to write it! Anyway, let me know anything if you would like... including if I may have made this part alittle too cheesy or anything too! lol But thank you guys always for reading! I hope guys enjoy! Xxxx♡