| CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏

           In the morning I wake up with the blanket up to my neck. I spent the whole night with Zephyr and I reminisced memorable and hilarious childhood memories, but also emotional ones. Although we both starved to death until the morning because we didn't have any money or a bag of snacks in the car, we quenched our hunger with some water.

           It's Sunday morning and today is the last day I sleep with Zephyr in the same bed or in his car. Also, next week my period will come and we will not be able to have sex at will and he will have to return to the old habit of having different bed partners. But it's for his own good and I understand that, even if something inside me gnaws at me.

           I take the blanket off me and slip to the front door on my knees, seeing him through the electric window smoking hard from his thin cigarette. The corners of my mouth rise in a smile and I knock on window with my nail, drawing his attention. He opens the door for me, smiling and bending down to kiss my cheek. The scent of mint and nicotine hits me again.

           “Good morning, sunshine,” he leans with his hand on the car, his eyes twinkling as he checks me out. “It's past two o'clock already.”

           “Good morning,” I say, covering my mouth and yawning, then stretching out like a kitten under his gaze.

           “You look like a masterpiece with those hickeys on you.”

           I blush due to his words, knowing he marked me even in places where no one but him can see the little purple bruises he made.

           “Shall we go eat somewhere?” he asks me and I can swear I heard his stomach serenade right after mine.

           “After we take a shower.”

           “Alright, angel,” he kisses my lips, closes the door and bypasses the muzzle of the car, getting in and sits down on the driver's seat.

           We adjust the seats, place the thrown headrests back and put on our seat belts. Zephyr starts the engine and drives away in the parking lot until the first level, then we get on the road.

           “Were you cold last night?” he asks me, resting his warm hand on my cold thigh.

           “A little,” I answer his question shortly.

           “You should've told me to leave the heater on,” he scolds me, squeezing my thigh tightly.

           A grave silence is left over us and only the engine of the car running can be heard the whole way to his parents' house. Half an hour later, we arrive and park the car in front of the villa. We enter the courtyard and then unlock the door to enter.