||Chapter Thirty||

||Weaknesses hurt you the most||

Bucky watched in absolute horror as the church was engulfed in flames and the place was demolished.

Tears poured out of his eyes, completely losing his vision. He screamed in pain from the loss of the one who was always there for him.

He was supposed to marry her. Be with her forever. And she died.

He struggled to get out of Sam's grip as Sam lowered down to the ground. Bucky was mortified, and very broken.

Sam let go and Bucky fell onto the harsh ground beneath them. He immediately got back up and began to run towards the church, begging and pleading for her to be okay.

That she some how managed to live through that. But with how close she was to the bomb, there was no way for her to be alive.

Steve grabbed Bucky and held him back. "Knox!!" He screamed from the back of his throat, his face red and his eyes puffy. His word turned into a desperate sob.

He didn't just want her, he needed her.

At this point from all the crying and heart break. He was weak. For the first time in his life. He was weak.

Tony had grabbed a rock and threw it at Bucky's head, knocking him unconscious.

"Really Tony?! Did you have to do that?!" Steve whined.

"Look cap I don't want him being awake for the ride back to the compound." Tony protested.

Police began to arrive and so did the Jet. Tony, Steve, Sam and an unconscious Bucky boarded it with Natasha being the pilot and they headed back to the compound.

They put him in a glass cell, one he can't break out of. And twice a week someone from Wakanda will visit him and try to make him better, to get him to become a better person.

A hero.

When the heart broken man woke up he was laying on a cot inside the cell. Immediately he cried.

"Oh my god! Our first mission together! Let's do this!" Knox said excited as she walked side by side with her best friend, The Winter Soldier.

"You should really be more badass if you're going to become," He paused, using quotations with his fingers, "Miss Hydra." He said chuckling, enjoying her enthusiasm.

"Right, right. Sorry. I should be more badass. I can be extremely sarcastic?" She offered.

"That sounds perfect." Bucky cooed as they walked to their own rooms to get changed.

Bucky took a few minutes while all Knox had to do was press a small button on a necklace of hers.

She waited outside for her friend and when he finally walked out she looked her up an down. He wasn't even hiding the fact that he was checking her out.

"How did you get done so fast?" Bucky asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nanotech." She replied. "Watch." She tapped the necklace and one of her arm sleeves disappeared, she tapped it again and it covered her arm again.

Bucky looked at it with wide eye. "What happened to just getting dressed?" Bucky scoffed, impressed but also confused. Part of his mind was still in the 40's.

The two walked to their vehicle that they will take and Bucky drove it. Every now and then Bucky would glance at Knox, enjoying how the suit hugged her body. He was also proud of her. Of who she has become.

They may be only friends, with benefits of course. Ever since the night Bucky helped Knox realized she can't get married to Chase, he had noticed himself looking at her more and more. And he definitely doesn't hide it.

Half way through the ride Bucky had put his hand on her thigh.

She giggled. "You're touchy today."

"You're just really hot in that suit, pretty girl." Bucky assured, smirking.

"Thank you. You look hot in yours as well. It really brings out your thighs." She said biting her lip.

Bucky raised an eyebrow, then realized what she meant and he smirked lustfully. "You've got some interesting fantasies, Doll." He teased.

She blushed and looked away. "I don't think I asked for your opinion." She joked.

Bucky's hand squeezed her thigh just a little, then moved his hand side to side quickly, then stopped once he finished his sentence. "Oh really?" He teased more, his smirk now a smile.

"Yeah!" She laughed.

"Because it seems to me you said it to make it come true, therefore I would have to give my opinion about it." He had gotten to her, she knew he was right.

She rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the road and outside her window. Bucky saw this and smiled softly then began to rub his thumb on her thigh.

Goosebumps appeared on her skin, she enjoyed it. Almost as much as she enjoyed the centuries old man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~