Trouble (A)

We had only just arrived at the Blacks when the biggest cause of our trouble appeared.

Bella.

She stormed out of the house, slamming a door, and stalked towards us. Her face was set in a hard glare as she stared Sam down. She looked right at me before turning back to Sam. Using all her strength she tried to push him, but it didn't do anything.

"hey!" Paul called glaring at Bella.

Sam put his hand out to stop Paul from moving or getting angrier. Everyone was angry not just him, but we were having an easier time reigning our emotions in. Or we appeared to be.

"what did you do? He didn't want this" she practically yelled anger coursing off her in waves.

I stepped up, it was out of hand now, and if Bella had any hope of getting out of the supernatural she needed to leave now. Jacob should have ended this, but no, last night when everyone was chasing down that red-head Jacob went to visit Bella. He was selfishly putting us and her in danger because he couldn't handle being told she didn't love him. He couldn't understand the importance of this.

Embry did so why couldn't he.

"you don't know what you're talking about Bella, go home" I tried to hold in the growl in my voice, but it didn't work. "it's none of your business"

"none of my business? What did you do? Are you so involved you can't be at the hospital" she spit back out shoving me slightly. I pushed her hands away from me. "You're mom's lying there and you're here"

"calm down both of you" Sam replied.

"don't you talk about her!" I shouted, "you don't know anything!"

"they've got their teeth in you!"

"this isn't your concern!"

"it is when Jacob's scared of you! He's terrified to say anything because of you"

I barked out an angry laugh, of course Jacob would make it seem like that. Like he was the good guy, and we were the bad ones. If he were helping the pack when they needed him, she wouldn't be here. If he let it go and told her to stay away and meant it, we wouldn't be in this position. That leech wouldn't have gotten away.

I couldn't think about it more because I heard the slapping of skin. Only when I felt the jerking of my head did I realize it was me who made that sound. This was the final straw. All the anger I was holding onto burst like a dam.

All I saw was red. My vision was moving ferociously, my skin prickled, and I could feel the vibration of anger course through me. Even the sounds were getting muffled.

"Bella get back!" "Alex calm down!"

I tried; I really did but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get the prickling to leave, I couldn't focus on anything except my anger. There was so much of it.

Another convulsion rippled through my body and a loud growl ripped through my mouth as I fell forward. Tufts of jet-black hair exploded, and I landed on four paws.

I kept my head down, focusing on the grass the sounds around me. I couldn't hurt her, I just couldn't. I needed to protect her like I should have my mom. She was a defenseless human. All of this was overwhelmed by screaming and running. I felt and heard the shimmering of the air.

Then I heard the growl.

And I saw everything, I remembered that I needed him last night and he ignored it. If he was there maybe the leech would be dead. Suddenly all the anger I had was focused on Jake.