Girls Education A social issue

The biggest issue, prevailing right now in our society, in my view is the discrimination based on gender which has led to limited access of females of the society to better educational and professional opportunities. There are different familial and societal pressures which have contributed to this issue. A female in our society is not respected and supported as she could be. Most of them face issues such as non-supportive behavior of family, financial constraints, lack of professional opportunities and growth etc. on routine basis in their lives. Due to these and other social problems, potential of the females, who constitute more than 50% of the total population of the country, remains untapped. They feel low in confidence and remain less motivated when it comes to contribute positively and constructively in society.
In order to overcome the unequal access to opportunities based on gender discrimination, I think at individual level they need to change their mindset and attitude towards the life. They should be more open and motivated towards the challenges of life. On social level, thought of society also needs to be changed as our religion gave all rights to women. On governmental level, there should be more educational and professional opportunities targeted at increasing the participation of women in society.