(Joseph) Baker's Predicament

I wanted to give y'all a break from the angst :,) so here's something fluffy and cute but short my b im also working on a Jolyne one and an N'Doul one

     It had been the longest day possible and all you wanted was to go home and drink up every ounce of your husband's love. Normally you were the one taking care of Joseph's needs, making dinner, laundry, bringing him lunch when he forgot it, etc. However, on occasion he would be the one taking care of you by giving you hugs, kisses, and making you laugh after a long day. Not to mention he was extremely good at it.

     You pulled into the driveway and stretched when you got out of the car but tensed up again when you heard the smoke detector going off and Joseph's frantic yells from inside. Immediately you slammed the car door shut and booked it to the house. Slamming the door open you called for your husband "Joseph? Are you alright?" you paused before cringing at the pungent smell of smoke. "A-ah! Don't worry about it sweetie! And don't come into the kitchen for god's sake!" Your husband called back to you and relief washed over you knowing he was safe.

     "Why? Are you sure you're ok?" you questioned, now curious why he had a slight tone of panic. "Yes! Yep! Don- don't even worry about it sweet cheeks! Ha ha heh.." he hurriedly responded throwing in a bit of charm to hopefully deter your curious demeanor. Unfortunately, it only did the opposite. Now you had to know so you decided to quietly creep to the kitchen and take a peek.

     As you leaned around the door frame you gasped at the state of the kitchen. Dozens of bowls in the sink, packages and containers littered the counter and some empty ones even made it onto the floor. Speaking of the floor, it was covered in flour, sugar, and any other ingredient you could imagine. Smoke clouded the ceiling like rainclouds before a storm and the smoke detector screamed from the living room and kitchen wall. The wall and counter had occasional blotches of batter that was surely hard now, but that wasn't the worst looking thing in the kitchen.

     A panicking Joseph darted around the kitchen, clothes covered in batter and white spots of flour and small flicks of different mixtures stained his face. "What happened in here?" you exclaimed, you're not pissed off just surprised at how one man could make such a horrendous mess; it was honestly impressive. He whirled around with wide eyes and open mouth before he gave the most charming smile he could and walked over to give you a hug.

     Quickly, you picked a wooden spoon off the counter and pushed it against his muscular chest to keep his messy apron and clothes away from your work clothes. "What on earth are you trying to conjure up in here?" You walked around him and hit the button on the smoke detector, finally relieving your ears of the high pitched beeping it made. Next you headed over to the stove and shut it off to prevent any more of that wretched smell from emitting. 

     "Oh well, you see.. uhh... its a-actually real funny!" Joseph nervously laughed and rubbed a hand over his crazy hair until jerking back upon realizing he still had batter smeared across his palm. You turned around at his silence and crossed your arms, oven mitts still wrapped around each hand, "Well if its so funny then I would love to hear it." you sassed. You started to make your way to the living room until you stepped on a puddle of batter.

      A yelp escaped your lips as you began to fall backwards until a pair of arms slipped under yours. Relief flooded through you until you realized Joseph, the batter covered mess, had caught you and most likely smeared his mess onto you. "Ew! Joseph you're getting batter on my work clothes." you panicked and he chuckled, "Well excuse me for saving the love of my life from knocking their head on the floor." he teased.

     "Ok, ok. Thank you for saving me now get off!" you squirmed around to get out of his hold. "Hmm no I don't think I will." he teased and lifted you off the ground and into his broad chest that was still covered in mess. "Joseph! Put me down!" you screamed when he began to swing you up and down causing you to latch onto his stained shoulders. "What was that? Put you down? Hm. Well if you insist." he feigned innocence before looking up at you with a devious smile.

     Suddenly he dropped to his knees and placed you down on the floor in a swift motion. He began to attack your sides with tickles which made you let out an animalistic screech while laughing so hard tears bubbled in your eyes. "N-no! Stop I'm g-gonn-na pee!" you pleaded in between laughs while wriggling around the best you could to get out of his grasp. He laughed along with you and only continued to tickle your sides "Mmm I don't think so, and there's nothing you can do about it."

     Now that was a lie and you were sure to call him on it, anything to stop this torture. "I-if you don't s-stop no more k-kisses for a whole week!" you screamed which certainly gained his attention. He shot up off of you with his hands raised above his head "Ok! I'll stop! Anything but that." he begged and you sat up with a shit eating grin "Thats more like it.". 

     He leaned back towards you and wrapped his strong arms around your waist and buried his face in your chest. "I won't do it again, honest." he said before looking up at you with puckered lips. You sighed and slipped your hands onto his face and pulling him up to your own. Amongst the chaos of burnt food and mess, you and your husband shared a lovely kiss that expressed how deeply you care for each other. 

     After a few loving moments, you pulled away which he didn't seem to like very much since he followed after your lips, eyes still closed and lips puckered. You giggled and placed a finger over his lips, "So what was that really funny reason you had for the kitchen looking like this?" you chuckled and his eyes shot open. "Uh, w-well, I might have been.." he paused and looked away from your gaze, "trying to cook you a dessert. I thought it would be nice because you always do so much for me and I don't do anything for you, but that went up in smoke." he confessed and looked back to the black lumps on the trey on top of the stove, "Literally."

     You giggled at his joke, he never failed to make you laugh. "Jojo, that was a sweet thought, really. But you do already do stuff for me even if you don't realize it." you told him which made his head snap up to yours with wide eyes. "Really? Me?" he asked in disbelief while pointing a finger at him. You chuckled and placed your finger on the tip of his nose, "Yes you. You make me feel better by giving me love when I need it and you always make me laugh when I need it, even if I don't know I need it. You know me better than myself sometimes and that's what makes me love you." you finished with a small peck to his lips.

     He blushed before a huge smile broke loose on his face and he squeezed you tighter, "I love you too, (y/n)." he admitted and you wrapped your arms around his neck with a tight squeeze. You giggled and traced a finger over muscular back, "Even if you're not good at doing little things like this, your other skills certainly make up for it." you teased and he leaned back to look at you with a grin smeared across his face. 

     "Oh yeah? Want me to make it up to you now then?" he taunted while grabbing hold of your wrist and licking a lump of batter that was stuck to your palm. Your face turned a deep red, covering your cheeks to the tips of your ears. "W-well since you're offering.." you stuttered and he chuckled at your sudden shyness. "I'll clean up the kitchen when were done. How about I take care of this mess now though?" he flirted and rubbed your side which caused a giggle to rise from your chest as he carried you into to the bathroom to take care of his mess. But he loved his mess.