T H R E E

song: calypso by spiderbait

R O N N I E

"Something about you driving a truck is not adding up to me. I don't like it." I tug my sweater tight around my body as we make our way out to the parking lot. That same little truck that he whipped by earlier is parked very crookedly against the side of the building.

"Well shit, thank god it's not my truck." I watch him smile as he runs his hand through his unruly waves. The breeze hits him while he does it and I swear it smells like apples.

"It's not?" We get up close to the truck and he shuffles in front of me, blocking me from opening the door myself. He shoots me a devilish smirk over his shoulder before he opens the door and holds it for me.

"No. My ride is in the shop, this is my brother's truck." I watch his eyes shoot down to my ass for just half of a second as I step into the seat. Normally, I'd roll my eyes in annoyance, but for some reason, the attention felt good when it came from him.

"Your brother, huh? What's he like?" My tone is genuine but flirtatious, it seems my tone is always flirtatious when he's involved.

"An asshole." He deadpans while he closes the door.

"Hm. Think he says the same thing about you?" I shout a little bit louder so he can hear me as he walks around to get in on his side.

"Probably." He shrugs with a smile, and what a beautiful smile it is. He is so distracting.

"Is he in the band with you?" My palms get sweaty as he starts the truck and puts it into reverse. His arm reaches around behind my seat and he turns to look out the back windshield. Why is it always so hot when guys do that!?

That pretty smile adorned his angel-face again and my chest got warm. "He plays guitar."

"Oh! The hot one who looks kind of ill? With the bulging eyes?" I immediately know who he's talking about, I remember making a mental note that he was hot. "...what?" Harry is looking at me like I just grew a second head or a tail or something.

"Hot, ill, and bulging just came out of your mouth in the same sentence, are you aware of that?" He raises his brow at me and I can't help but snicker. It's bold of him to assume he's the hotter brother, cocky bastard. Teasing him will be too easy.

"I am. You don't know my type, maybe I'm using you to get to him. Maybe this was my plan all along, getting him to roll around in that truck bed with me." He looks at me dumbfounded, and I can see the gears in his head trying to make sure that I'm joking as I sit next to him with a blank expression. My poker face doesn't last for very long though, I can't help the giggles that rise in my chest at the thought of me letting any man roll me around in the back of a truck bed.

He scoffs at my giggles and shakes his head at me, but his eyes are sparkling. "You think you're so funny, don't you?"

"Yes," I say proudly with a smile and a nod. "Can I smoke in here? Do you mind? Will he mind?" He nods at me and tells me I can smoke, but only if I share. I tap out a cigarette quickly, but when I go to grab a lighter I'm met with the sound of a flick and the heat of a flame as he holds his own lighter out in front of my face. He's confident about it. Thank god he didn't singe my bangs, he never takes his eyes off the road as I lean forward and light up.

"What is your type anyway?" He asks with a smug look on his face and a raised brow.

"Well, my track record would seem to say that basically anyone who gives me a sliver of attention suddenly becomes my type. Kerry was my type for a while, and then there was Dare, he's a sweetie. I don't really care unless they're a jock. Fuck jocks." My head lulls back against the fabric seats, I can feel my hair cling to it and I know it will be full of static when I get out of here.