Chapter 1: Bravery

Liz woke up that late autumn morning to the smell of coffee wafting into the bedroom. She sauntered from her bed and wrapped her favorite robes around her. Going into the kitchen there was no one there, so she suspected that Emi was probably getting the mail and waking up Sydney.

She saw the two cups of black coffee on the counter and chose to add some milk, a scoop of cocoa powder, and a few drops of peppermint extract into each cup. It felt like a day for peppermint mochas.

Liz heard the front door open to reveal a beautiful young woman with wavy black hair, emerald green eyes, ruby red lips, & pale white skin. Emi held a large stack of mail with her purple magic as she closed the door.

Liz rushed to help her wife with the mail, "I got it, Liz!" Emi protested. Emi was always very stubborn when it came to doing things on her own. The purple energy flickered out with Emi's momentary frustration and Liz caught the two parcels that were in Emi's possession. All the rest were letters that floated down safely into Emi's arms.

The couple brought the mail into the kitchen, and they started to open the pile of envelopes while drinking their coffees. Most of which were bills they had to pay, but there was a single official looking letter with a wax seal on it that they set aside.

The parcels Liz had carried in were art supplies for Liz's work and a new salt lick for their horses that they had ordered some weeks before.

Once Emi had taken the salt lick outside to the stable and Liz had put the art supply box in her workshop, the two settled down on to their love seat comfortably with the official envelope in hand.

Liz flipped over the envelope so they could read the front:

Crystal Amani & Delius Noto

Old Home

The Ruins

The Underground

Elizabeth & Emily Yuki

2040 Coriander Lane

Sherry

This was the first time either of them had gotten mail from The Underground, so Liz turned over the envelope again.

"Do you recognize this seal Emi?" Liz asked as she gestured to the wax seal, it looked familiar but from where?

Emi looked at the seal, then from one of the bookshelves in the sitting room she took one of the history books and opened it to the table of contents, "I think so, but I'm just confirming."

Flipping to almost the end of the book she came to a page with pictures of family crests, "I was right!" She pointed at a picture of the same symbol on the wax seal, "that is the family crest of the monster royals, it is known as the Deltarune."

"Oh my God! you're right," Liz facepalmed in embarrassment, they had a course in school about monsters and there was a test about the Deltarune, so how could she have forgotten? It was too early for this.

Liz gently removed the contents of the envelope. There were two sheets of paper, two pictures, and what looked like an invitation of some sort.

She read the first page aloud,

"Dear Elizabeth & Emily Yuki,

I cordially invite you to my wedding to Delius Noto on December the 31st.

For Elizabeth:

I would request an art commission for the wedding of my future husband, my son, & I.

The painting would be used in the human-monster embassy.

The two photos are for recent reference material.